Part 1

Tw: Abuse, talks of blood and death

Nina (pov)
My mom died when I was born and my dad always blamed me. The first time he hit me was when I was five because I asked where my mom was. He was caring and loving before that but when I asked him it's like a light switched off in his head. He started drinking and smoking. It only got worse from there. I would get beat for the smallest things like leaving a light on or waking him up. Last night was the worst beating I have gotten. He choked me so hard I blacked out and when I woke up I could barely move. That brings us to now, it's that night after that happened and I knew I had to get me and Dakotah out of here. Oh yeah!! Dakotah is my son I had him when I was 14. Anyways, I knew I had to get out while my father was getting more beer. So I packed mine and Dakotah's clothes and literally bolted out the door and I had no idea where to go so I headed to the park. When we got there it was empty seeing it was 11:00pm. I was thinking of where me and Dakotah would live and then he woke up "mommy" he called "yes baby" "why we at park?" I didn't know how to explain all this to a three year old "Just go back to sleep bubby" He never knew that I was getting abused the only thing he knows about is the yelling. I had to keep it from him and remain strong I didn't want my son going through that. I am getting tired so I laid my book-bag on the bench and wrapped Dakotah in my arms and fell asleep.

❤️❤️