Lost memories

Muffled voices filled the brunette's ears as his nose was engulfed by the stinging smell of alcohol. His eyes fluttered open as he tried to sit up but grunted slightly and slowly laid back down. An unfamiliar man walked towards him as he tilted his head to see a Mori approaching him. Flinching and trying his best to inch away from Mori, the brunette trembled slightly when the raven-haired man's hand reached out for his face.

"Don't be so scared, Dazai-kun...Fortunately, none of your injuries are serious." Moi was expecting a smirk or an offensive remark from the brunette but he was unexpectedly met with deafening silence. "Dazai-kun? Are there any other injuries I don't know about?" The brunette glanced around the room and back at Mori before asking, his voice silent and rough, "Sorry but who are you?" Mori's eyes widened. "Dazai-kun, stop joking around." The brunette raised a brow and that made Mori anxious.

" You're not joking around?" Mori asked, his voice serious, trying to sniff out anything that showed that Dazai was joking. With a shake of his head, Mori sighed. "I see...you have memory loss from a head concussion. That will be a bit of a problem." The brunette's hand reached to his eye and he felt bandages. Mori noticed that and reassured, "No worries, the bandage is just to cover a wound. I'm Mori Ogai, boss of the port mafia." Dazai just silently nodded and slowly supported himself with Mori's help to sit up.

Thinking of calling Fukuzawa to tell him about what happened, a smirk appeared on his face. He faced Dazai who glanced at him cluelessly. "Dazai-kun, you're actually from the port mafia, an executive. You remember that?" The brunette glanced at the ceiling as if he was thinking and he just shook his head. "Well, I'll still allow you to be an executive so just rest for now, okay?" The brunette just looked blankly at Mori before nodding. The port mafia boss smirked as he quickly changed it to a smile. He excused himself from the room as he went out. He enabled his ability and he was met with Elsie giving him a weird look. When asked, the blonde haired girl just answered, "Why lie to Dazai, shouldn't you give him back to the ADA?" Mori grinned at the little girl, "No...I'm taking the opportunity to get Dazai-kun back on my side. He will allow the port mafia to rise back to its glory once more!" Elise just shook her head disappointedly, "Is he even that smart anymore? He had a brain concussion and memory loss!" Mori's smile faded as he nodded in agreement. "We're going to go find out!" He coughed a few times and dusted his coat before walking back into the room, Elise following behind quietly. The brunette seemed to have found a book on a shelf behind him and was reading one right now but his attention was immediately on Mori once he went in. He pointed at Elise while giving a curious look. "She's Elise! She's part of my ability. You have an ability too, you remember?" Dazai nodded, "It's called No Longer Human, I can nullify any ability." He poked Mori and Elise disappeared to emphasise what he was saying. Mori smiled brightly, sitting down to a chair next to the bed, "So you remember, let me ask you another question. If you had an underling who didn't listen to you, what would you do?" This was the final test. Mori waited patiently, eager to hear what Dazai's answer was. He saw the brunette look back at the book he was reading and replied nonchalantly, "Kill him or her." Mori immediately stood up from his seat and a big smile plastered on his face, "It seems that you haven't forgotten your mafia ways. I'll be checking up with you tomorrow, your wounds should be better by then."

 The raven-haired closed the door behind him and exclaimed, "Elise-chan, he remembers!" Elise appeared and sighed and started walking down the corridor, "Good for you...Why don't you think what to do about the ADA?" Mori stopped jumping up and down. "I know just the thing."

---...---...---...---

"I can't believe he actually succeeded..." A blonde commented as he sighed and placed his notebook away. Atsushi beside kunikida was already in tears, "We could have stopped him." Kyouka was comforting Atsushi to the best of her abilities. Fukuzawa frowned as he placed his flower on the ground and walked away, the rest of the ADA members following.

Dazai's dead and pale body was found below an abandoned building one sunny afternoon and was said to have succeeded in suiciding. When the ADA members found out, they were devastated, especially Atsushi. Now, they have one member gone and the office is rather quiet now.

Watching the ADA members walk away, the brunette, dressed in black, his black coat swaying in the wind.

"They're your enemies, you must defeat them one day but not now."

That was Mori's words and Dazai believed fully in them, he had no reason in doubting them. Jumping down the building's ledge, Dazai made his way down the stairs back to the mafia base. Mori told him there would be introductions today.

He met Mori near the entryway of the mafia base and the brunette noticed how all the guards tensed when they saw him but he shrugged it off. However, to the guards, they were devastated that the demon prodigy was back.

Back in the meeting room, all the executives were already seated and a particular ginger was out right exclaiming why there would suddenly be a new executive. Beside him was a pink-haired lady, her hair elegantly pinned into a bun. She too was curious who it could be. Everyone there had all their answers answered when Mori came in with a familiar brunette following him behind. The first step that brunette took into the room, the temperature of the room decreased drastically and everyone's eyes widened in shock.