Old but new partner

The deafening silence engulfed the whole room and instead of joining in with the rest of the executives and being anxious, he smirked. "I see everyone is here. Dazai-kun, please introduce yourself." The brunette nodded and was quick to do his introduction. "I'm Dazai-Osamu, your new executive. Nice to meet you."The mafia boss grinned slightly as he placed his hand on Dazai's shoulder while commenting, "That's it. Any questions?" A particular ginger had no choice but to point an accusing finger at the blank face brunette and exclaimed, "What are you doing here mackerel?" The said brunette tilted his head to the side cluelessly and asked back, "Why am I the mackerel? Also, who are you?" Everyone was shocked at Dazai's answer and Mori explained, removing his hand from the brunette's shoulder and sighing. " Dazai over here lost his memories but he still has his mafia ways. So, I hope you can work with our new executive or should I say our executive even before he lost his memories." The raven-haired male eyes everyone in the room and narrows his eyes at Chuuya which the ginger straightened his posture at. "So introductions."

Everyone was nervous and Dazai nodded along the way. However, it seemed that the ginger piqued his interest. When it was Chuuya's turn, Dazai speaked first, "It seems that you were quite close to me. Your name?"

The ginger was already cringing before even introducing himself to his ex-partner. He glanced at Mori who was nodding menacingly at him behind Dazai and he sighed. He raised his hand up to Dazai and glanced away, "Nakahara Chuuya...one of the top 5 executives." Dazai put up a small smile and willingly shaked Chuuya's hand. "Nice to meet you Nakahara, hope we can work well together." The ginger's head snapped back at Dazai. He awkwardly laughed and requested, "Call me Chuuya. Chuuya's fine." Dazai let go of Chuuya's hand and nodded. Kouyou stifled a laugh before patting Dazai on the back gently. "I guess soukoku is back together." Dazai raised a brow, "Soukoku?" Kouyou's eyes widened slightly before she regained her composure and glanced at Chuuya who looked rather upset. She flashed him a small smile which Chuuya gave back to reassure the pink-haired lady that he was fine. Kouyou's attention turned back to Dazai as she gracefully covered her mouth with her kimono sleeve and explained, "Soukoku is the name of your partnership with Chuuya." Dazai nodded understandingly and gave the ginger an apologetic smile for not remembering. Kouyou glanced back at Mori who continued, "I'm sure you both will be as close as you were before. Go on! Everyone is dismissed. The rest of the executives left twitch the brunette following the ginger out of the room. Once the door closed, Kouyou's smile faded as she glared at Mori, "What did you do?"

 "Nothing much, I found Dazai injured and he conveniently lost his memory. Why not take advantage of it?"

"So that's why you requested a fake corpse to be placed at the river bank..."

Mori gave her sinister smile before walking away, "Port mafia will take over Japan..."

The closing of the door made Kouyou sigh. "You didn't even think how it would affect everyone, especially Chuuya..." She mumbled to herself as she left the room after Mori.

—- —- —-

"So...Do you remember anything?" Chuuya asked as he glanced behind his shoulder, feeling word that his partner who left for the ADA was right behind him, in his usual mafia uniform, as if he hadn't even left. He was met with the stoic voice that Chuuya recognised anywhere. "No...I only know my name, my ability and according to Mori, my mafia ways." Chuuya hummed in response, that voice was the voice Dazai used when he first met Chuuya. That made Chuuya's heart break slightly. It means all the memories they both had were all just a distant dream now to Dazai. Or maybe all those memories never even existed. Chuuya stopped as he sighed and opened the big oak doors to his office. The brunette followed, closing the door shut behind him. Dazai glanced around Chuuya's office and noted that the ginger liked being neat and tidy. His attention turned back to Chuuya when he saw the ginger lazily resting his head on his hand which was supported by his elbow on the table. His hat sitting at the side of his table. On closer inspection, Dazai noticed that there were dark eye ring circles underneath Chuuya's eyes, which the ginger failed to cover with foundation. His hair was messy, some ginger locks out of place. "You haven't been sleeping have you? When was the last time you've slept?" Chuuya jolted back up at that statement and rolled his eyes at the brunette, "None of your business mackerel..." Dazai lifted a brow. "Why do you call me a fish anyway?" Chuuya sighed as he replied, "Because you're fishy." Dazai chuckled at that statement, "And what do I call you, Chuuya? Chibi?" The brunette smirked at Chuuya while walking towards the ginger's table. Chuuya stood up before smacking the back of Dazai's head. "It's Chuuya. I have a name!" Dazai rubbed the back of his head painfully before waving his hand at Chuuya, "You're short though." Chuuya felt his vein snap as he strangled Dazai before a knock was heard. Chuuya let go of Dazai and straightened his hair out and placed his hat back on before answering the door. Dazai couldn't see who it was but he heard Chuuya say, "Ane-san..." Dazai saw the same pink-haired lady enter the room. Kouyoy glanced at Dazai and put up a smile. " Ah...you must be Kouyou?" Seeing the lady nod, Dazai shrugged and sat down on one of the chairs, glancing from Kouyou to Chuuya.

 Kouyou didn't mind as she placed her gaze back at the ginger. "I just wanted to check on you Chuuya. How are you? You've been sleeping right? You've been eating as well, right?" Meeting Kouyou's serious gaze, Chuuya laughed while putting his hands up in defence. "I'm alright Ane-san. Thank you for your concern." Kouyou was about to continue pestering Chuuya but was stopped when Kouyou's phone rang. She excused herself and Chuuya leaned on a wall right after she left the room. "Why did you lie to her?" The brunette sitting at the side asked, his hands have found a book and was currently reading it now.

"What do you mean? I didn't lie to her about anything."

"Chibi, don't lie. You haven't been sleeping. It's obvious. You're using your hat to hide it." The ginger sighed as he took off his hat before admitting it, "Fine, you're right. However, if I don't lie, Ane-san will get really worried and I don't want that..." Dazai nodded understandingly. "Why aren't you sleeping?"

The ginger seemed to hesitate and glanced away before walking nearer to Dazai. The ginger observed the brunette and sighed once again. "I'm having nightmares..."