Chapter 17

It's been weeks since I came back from New York. Loki had promised me he wouldn't stay off this long.  Thor had returned from his 'secret trip' as students call it. And his staff. I walked over to his office. I knocked on the door. 

"Come in!"

I opened the door and stepped inside. He was reading some documents. On his desk a can of Asgardian beer. On his dresser Stormbreaker.

"Ah lady Freya. How can I help", he said as he looked at me. 
"I have a question sir. I was wondering when professor Laufeyson returns."
"Loki? Why do you need him for?"

Oh boy.

"Well before I left earlier he had told me he's be back soon. I need more help with my study-"
"The truth lady Freya", he said stern. He knew. He just wanted to hear it from my mouth.

"He hasn't returned after our trip to New York and the Avengers Compound. He had promised me he would be by now. I'm worried Thor. He hasn't let me know anything."

He stood up and walked to his window that looked over the terrain. He sighed.
"You know, for many years my brother was called a monster, trickster. Later on that name did not get any better. He's a Jotun, but many believed even his heart got frozen. I did so too. I never would've thought he would love again or rather, someone  could love him again", Thor explained. He walked away from his window and came to me.

"I see you are genuinely in love. I will not get between you or break you up. But Loki has told me what's going on between the two of you. He cares about you and only wants you to be safe. I suppose that's why he hasn't returned."
"You were talking about me that night on the balcony?"

He nodded. 

"That son of a-"
"Lady Freya, he remains your teacher and my brother. I won't tolerate that."
"Yeah well he is my boyfriend Thor. I'm sure he wouldn't mind me-"

A beeping device went off on Thor's computer. It said 'Stark: URGENT'. Thor excused himself and accepted Stark's call.
"Thor get here asap! Thanos is here! He has an army. We need every Avenger that is still with us. Get to the Compound. Now", he screamed. While saying all that he was firing at aliens, I assume.

Loki!

"Thor I need to go with you. Loki he needs my help-"
"None of that. You're staying here."
"And let him die, knowing that I could've prevent that!"
"Lady Freya with all due respect, you're not a superhero."
"Yeah and Black Widow's a good fighter but didn't have lightning powers either. I have to come!"

He rolled his eyes. He sighed. 
"He's gonna kill me for this."

I ran to my room. I opened my drawers and took out Loki's gift. The daggers he gave me. I took them with me and ran to Thor. He was waiting outside, wearing his fighting costume and held Stormbreaker.

"You might wanna hold on."

I wrapped my arms around his body and held tight. I heard flashing, lighting sounds. I saw all the colors and to be honest, felt a little nauseous. Thor landed us close to the Compound. I saw Loki fighting on the balcony where we stood that one night. He was fighting aliens of some kind. Suddenly something big was approaching and was going to demolish the building and Loki!

"Loki", I yelled before running away from Thor. Thor stopped me right before the boulder hit the Compound and got demolished.

"No", I cried.

Loki was gone. He died right before my eyes. 

After the dust got cleared out a little I ran towards the debris. Thor stood behind me together with Stark who had seen us arrive and come by. I dug as hard as I could. I had to find him. In my chaos of cries and sorrow I felt someone touch my shoulder.

"I don't care Thor. I have to find Loki."

"My darling, I appreciate all this hard work, but if you're here to only come and dig to find nothing of me under those rocks, you're not very useful", Loki's soft and warm voice spoke.
"You're in my head. You're not real."

"Turn around sweetheart."

I looked behind me and gasped. Loki stood in the middle. Right between Thor and Tony. I cried. This wasn't real. I grabbed a little rock and threw it at him. He was solid, not a fake.

"Auw", he said as the rock hit him. 

I stood up and flew in his arms. He was alive. He was safe. He was back. He held me close and kissed my head. 
"I thought you-"
"It was an illusion", he chuckled. I pulled back and hit his shoulders.
"You son of a bitch", I said while I hit his chest.
"But you still love me."

"Alright enough flirting we still have to fight some aliens", Tony said as he walked away with Thor, back to the battlefield. 

"Sweetheart why are you here? I told you to stay away from me until you were safe again", he asked me in panic.
"Loki I couldn't leave you behind. I was in Thor's office when Stark ordered him to get here. He told us you were under attack. You really thought I would let you fight alone?"
"With all due respect, darling, you can't fight."

"Oh she'll be alright", Clint said as he ran past us. Loki looked at me in confusion. 
"I might've called Clint for some help with the daggers you gifted me", I explained as I took them out. He chuckled as he looked down, his hands on his waist. He looked back at me and kissed my head.
"You're amazing."

Another missile hit the ground next to us and reminded us that there was still a war to fight. 
"Come on puny god, we have to fight some aliens", I told Loki.
"Wait", he said stern.

I looked behind me and saw him making a motion with his hand. Around me arose a green mist. Once the mist was gone I looked at myself. Loki had conjured me new fighting gear. Of course matching his one. I looked at him, waiting for an explanation.

"What? You don't think I would've let you fight in that silly outfit. Besides don't complain. It's fine Asgardian leather", he winked.

I kissed him and we joined the battle. I held his daggers firm in my hand as I saw one of Thanos' soldiers approach us. Loki stayed my by side. 
"Hi", he said as an alien attacked him. With a swing of his daggers he cut open the alien's throat and it fell down. Dead. 

An another one ran towards us from my right side and now it was my turn. I took my dagger and stabbed the creature in his chest. Another gone. Thor and Cap were fighting in the distance. Steve was holding Mjolnir while Thor used Stormbreaker. 

"Since when can Cap use Mjolnir", I asked Loki.
"Since-", now he was confused too,,"I don't know, but he can. Anyway, it's not important now", he tried to talk himself out of it.

We kept fighting and fighting and fighting, but the army of Thanos only grew and became more powerful as ours began to get weak. Cap stopped us from continuing our fight. The re-enforcement of Thanos was too big. His army was huge. Chitauri, giant flying creatures like the ones that attacked New York. Loki couldn't believe what he saw.

We ran closer to Steve and waited for his next command. Someone spoke into their comm link.

"On your left", I heard someone say.

Behind us opened an orange portal, casted by a sorcerer. Black Panther, his sister and their guard walked through it.

"How-", Loki gasped. 

Another portal opened by Stephen Strange. The Guardians were with him. Spiderman ran towards him and took his mask off.

"Peter Parker?!" He turned around and was shocked.
"Freya", he asked in panic. He ran towards us and didn't know how to explain himself.
"You're the fucking Spiderman", I asked him. Loki raised his eyebrow.
"Yes- no! Yes alright, I'm Spiderman. Please don't tell anyone at school."
"You should've kept your mask up then", Loki joked. 

Behind us was a whole army. All the Avengers had returned and joined our fight. Cap called Mjolnir and yelled something. I couldn't hear it.
"What did he say", I asked Loki.
"Avengers assemble", he repeated quickly.
"Oh right."

And with that we ran towards Thanos and his army. 

A/N
*insert Avengers theme music*