Chapter 16

Harry had told me about Dumbeldore telling him not to go looking for the mirror so the both of us decided against it. I kept having dreams about Harry's mother dying. It was rather annoying. I would have been excited for the next game, a chance to beat Slytherin, but Snape was referee. Wood was pushing us hard so that we would be perfect Snape would have less to criticise. I didn't mind all the extra practice actually, even when we practiced during a rain storm. It was after one of these practices, Harry and I were in the common room. Harry was telling them about Snape and I was eating candy. Neville hopped into the room his legs stuck together.

"What happened Neville?" Hermione asked.

"Malfoy cast the Leg-Locking curse on me. He said he was looking for someone to practice it on." Neville said. I did the counter spell and his legs sprang apart.

"You need to stand up for yourself!" I said.

"You're worth ten of him," added Harry. We all assured him of his hidden awesomeness and Harry gave him a chocolate frog. Neville gave him the card and went to the boy's dorm.

"That's where I heard of him!" Harry exclaimed, looking at the card.

"Listen, Dumbeldore is particularly famous for his defeat of the dark wizard Grindelward in 1945, for the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon's blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner, Nicholas Flamel." Harry read out loud. Hermione hopped up the steps and came with a huge book.

"That's where I heard of him!" I said, grabbing the book. I flipped through the book til I found what I was looking for.

"The ancient study study of alchemy is concerned with making the Sorcerer's Stone, a legendary substance with astonishing powers. The stone will transform any metal into gold. It also produces the Elixir of Life, making the consumer immortal.

There have been many reports of the Sorcerer's Stone over the centuries, but the only Stone currently in existence belongs to Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist and opera lover. Mr. Flamel, who celebrated his six hundred and sixty-fifth birthday last year enjoys a quiet life in Devon with his wife, Pernelle(six hundred and fifty-eight)." I read out loud.

"The dog must be guarding the stone!" Hermione exclaimed.

"Who would want to live forever?" I asked. A quiet voice in my head whispered, 'Voldemort'.

"Me." Ron said. I rolled my eyes.

"Harry are you going to play?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Of course!" He said. The whole time leading up to the game, Snape was nasty to Harry. We went to the locker rooms and put on our Quidditch robes. Harry was nervous about being killed until Fred announced that Dumbeldore was there. I mounted my broom and off we went. I dodged Bludgers and scored points with the Quaffle. I played hard, I was not going to lose to Hufflepuff. The crowd erupted into applause. I turned and saw Harry catch the Snitch. I landed and got dressed. When I came out of the dressing room. I saw Draco walk by with a swollen eye.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Your friends." He grumbled.

"It's not my fault if you like provoking them!" I said. George and Fred came up to me.

"Come on," Fred said.

"We're celebrating." George said finishing Fred's sentence. Draco stormed off. The three of us walked to the common room. But before we got there, Harry stopped in front us with Ron and Hermione behind him.

"Can we borrow Avery ." Harry asked. The twins nodded. I gave George a good bye kiss and pecked Fred on the cheek. They walked off but I could faintly hear a thud when one of them smacked the other.

"Don't kiss my girlfriend." I could hear George say. Harry dragged me into a classroom before I heard the rest.

"I saw Snape threatening Quirrel. He wants Quirrel to get him in." Harry explained.

"The Sorcerer's Stone is in high demand." I said.

"They'll have filled it with booby traps." Hermione said.

"Ha, you said booby!" I laughed. Hermione gave me a dirty look.

"So you're saying the Sorcerer Stone will be safe as long as Quirrel holds out?" Hermione asked. Harry nodded.

"It'll be gone by next Tuesday." Ron said.

"We are doomed." I said. I wasn't sure if Snape really wanted it. All I can think about is what I remember of him when I was a child. He was never cruel to me. In fact, he taught me a few self-defense spells. So, I won't be hurt all the time. I only began to dislike him when he discussed making Draco a death eater when it was the 'right time'.