Chapter 1

"Avery!" my mum called excitedly. My mum is beautiful and dumb.

"Coming mum." I sighed. I have a bad feeling about this. I walked into the living room and stopped cold. My mum was holding a Hogwarts acceptance letter. Bad feeling smad feeling. I grabbed it and opened it.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,

Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Ms. Malfoy,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

"Mum, I'm going over to Harry's." I said. I forgot to mention I live at 5 Pivet Drive. I even go to Harry's school. We've been best friends since kindergarten.

"Harry who dear?" my mum asked. My mum has horrible memory.

"Harry Potter, mum." I explained.

"Oh, have fun dear." My mum answered. I smiled and raced toward Harry's house. I pounded on the door; Vernon Dursley opened the door. My fist hovering over his beet red face for a second. Then it fell to my side.

"I came to see Harry sir." I said, as sweetly as I could muster. The Dursleys loved me, I still couldn't figure out why.

"Are you sure you wouldn't rather see Dudley?" he asked.

"No, sir. I must see Harry." I said through clenched teeth. He frowned but opened the door and gestured me inside. Harry was frowning sitting on the table. Breakfast spread before him, Dudley, and Petunia Dursley. I sat in the extra chair next to him. Vernon Dursley sat in a chair and began to stuff his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I-"

"Harry get the mail." Grumbled Mr. Dursley. Harry got up and got it. Harry walked in with a bunch of bills and the Hogwarts letter. I smiled. Apparently, he got his letter too.

"Da, Harry got a letter." Tattled Dudley. Mr. Durlsey grabbed it and froze. He was staring at the Hogwarts insignia. I slipped out of the room and ran toward my house.

"Cade!" I called. Cade ran up to me, pushing his golden brown hair out of his face. I looked like my father; he looked like our mum.

"Cade, I need you to have Roza watch Harry for me." I told him. Roza is Cade's Russian girlfriend, she's a Animalia.

"Fine." Cade said. He wouldn't be going to Hogwarts next year he had already graduated.

"Thanks." I said.