Chapter 7: That Café

~Ella~

I ran through the darkness an down the street. I started pounding on the front door. The door slowly creaked opened, no one was on the other side. I ran through the house into the basement. The door was locked. "Dad!" I screamed. I heard mumbled and someone fall to the ground. I kept quiet. "Please, sir." I heard a familiar voice whimper.

Niall.

I heard a gunshot.

I slid down the door.

I was to late.

I shot up in bed. Sweat trickled down my forehead. I started breathing heavily. Tears fell from my eyes. I hugged my pillow tight. I grabbed my phone from my night stand. I scrolled through the contacts. Natalie. It was really Niall, I just didn't want my dad to know about him. I called him.

"Pick up." I whispered. "Hello?" I heard a tired voice on the other end. I looked at my clock. 3:15 am. "Niall?" I whispered. "Why'd you call at three am?" He mumbled. "I just wanted to make sure you're alright." I whispered tears falling still. "Are you ok?" I asked. "I'm fine, Ella. Are you alright? What happened?" He asked. "N-nothing. I just had a dream that something happened and it felt so real." I whispered.

"What happened? Are you crying?" He asked worried. "Yeah, and n-nothing. It's just-" He interrupted me. "Ella, don't cry, alright? I'm fine. Do you want me to stop by?" He asked. "Niall, it's 3 AM." I laughed. "Then meet me somewhere." He said. "Niall." I said. "Meet me at the cafe in 15 minutes. Ok?" He said. "Ok." I whispered. "Be careful. I'll be there as soon as I can." He said. "Thanks Niall, bye." I said.

I hung up. I threw my hoodie over my head and my on my moccasins. I put my hair on in a messy bun and tiptoed out my room and down the stairs. I made sure the coast was clear and walked out the front door. I ran down to the cafe. Thank God it was still open. I walked in and sat at a booth. I ordered a drink and ordered Niall something also. A figure walked through the door. He fixed his flat bill.

He looked at me and walked over. I got up and hugged him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face in his shoulder. He rubbed my back and held me tight. I felt safe with with, I felt safe wrapped in his arms. He kissed the top of my head. I let go of him. He smiled down at me.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

"I think I am now." I smiled.

We both sat down, but instead of sitting across he sat next to me. To make sure I was fine. "What was the dream about?" He asked. I put down my drink. "I was running down a street and into a house. You were locked in a basement with a man. You were shot, and I couldn't do anything to help." I whispered. "You were that worried about me?" He asked. "Yeah." I said.

He grabbed my hand from underneath the table. "Thank you for thinking about me." He said. I smiled. "The dream just seemed so real. I thought it actually happened." I said. "I'm fine, Ella. Right now, I'm perfect." He said rubbing my hand. "I'm sorry I woke you up." I mumbled. "No, it's fine. I couldn't sleep anyway." He shrugged. "Why not?" I asked. "I was just thinking." He said. "About what?" I asked sipping my drink.

"You." He whispered. He looked up at me. "Why's your dad so protective?" He asked. I bit my lip. "To be honest I don't even know." I said. "How come I can't speak to him though?" He asked. "He's knows who you are already." I mumbled. "How come you don't then?" He asked. I looked at him confused. "I know who you are, Niall. I'm sitting with you right now, what do you mean I don't know you?" I asked.

"Oh, It came out wrong.." He said scratching his head. I nodded confused. I looked out the window and took a sip out my coffee. I saw a flash. "Did you just take a picture?" I smiled. "Yeah, look." He showed me the picture. "You look beautiful." He whispered. "Thanks." I smiled. I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"I'm glad I met you Niall." I whispered. "Me too." He said. "I haven't had a friend like you in a long time." I smiled. "Really?" He said. "Yeah, you're a really good friend." I smiled up at his. His facial expression changed a bit. "Thanks, you are too." He said quietly. "What you happen if I were to leave all of a sudden..?" He asked. "What kind of question is that?" I asked.

"Just answer." He smiled. "Well, I don't know. Continue to do nothing. My life would go back to boring." I shrugged. "You're life isn't boring when I'm in it?" He asked, I shook my head no. His smiled grew bigger. "This might sound weird but you look nothing like your dad. Do you look like your mom?" He asked. "I don't know." I said simply. "What do you mean?" He asked. "My mom died when I was 3 from breast cancer." I said.

"Don't you have tapes or pictures of her?" He asked. I shook my head no. "My dad doesn't have any pictures from what I know. I don't think he wants me to know what she looks like." I said quietly. "Why wouldn't he want you to know?" He asked. "I don't know, I ask him a lot. But I get the same answer everytime." I mumbled. "What?" "If I see her face, I'll get upset." I said.

"Oh. Well I can see-" I interrupted him. "I know he's lying though." I said. "How?" He asked. "I don't know. I can just tell when he lies to me, which is on a daily basis." I explained. "What does he lie about?" He asked. I thought for a moment. I opened my mouth but shut it quickly. I just shook my head. "I understand." He whispered. I leaned back in the seat. "Ella." Niall whispered.

"Yeah..?" I said. "You know you can tell me anything right? I'm here for you if you need to talk." Niall said putting his arm around me. I leaned my head on his shoulder. "I know. Just something's... I'm just not ready." I whispered. "When you're ready, I'll be waiting." He said. I smiled.

Right now, I felt so free. Free from my dad, the world, reality. It was just Niall and I in the moment. I couldn't care less if my dad were to walk in right now, yell at me, do something. It wouldn't matter, I just had that feeling inside that I've never had before. It felt warm and nice. I can't believe I'm about to say this.

I think I may be in love with Niall.

No, I don't think.

I know.

I am in love with Niall.

__________________________

Authors Note:

I know, I know. It's all lovey-dovey. But, whatever. Do you like it? More is coming!! Vote!! :)

~Sam