Chapter 12 : Good Girl

~Niall~

I walked into the shop at my usual time, only Jane was in there again. "Hey, Niall!" She said. "Hello. Do you know when Ella is going to be here?" I asked sitting on the stool. "Actually no-" Her phone went off. "It's Ella." She said and read the text.

*I can't come in today, sorry. Not feeling well.*

I sighed. "Sorry." She said looking up from her phone. "No, it's fine." I said. "I might as well go home now. Goodbye!" I said before walking out the door. I really wanted to see Ella today. Talk to her about why she didn't want to talk last night, she never texted me back either. Maybe she's mad at me? But what did I do? I tried calling her but it went straight to voicemail.

I'm worried about her. What happened? I found myself walking in the direction of Ella's house. I just had to find out what was going on. I walked down her street and stood on the sidewalk. Her dads car was in the driveway. Should I go in? My phone went off. It was a text. From Ella.

*Niall, turn around. Don't come in, please.*

I looked up at her bedroom window. Her curtain closed. I did as she said, and walked away. I looked up at her bedroom window. Her head peeked out of the curtain then he hid her face quickly. I walked past the house and walked home. I called Ella, to figure out what's going on.

No answer.

~Ella~

Silence. Door's locked. Alone. That's all I have right now. My dad locked me in my room, until I promise not to tell anyone that he killed mom. I'm sitting up staring at my purple wall. I was holding tight onto my necklace. I hadn't slept at all. I'm afraid to, plus I can't close my eyes. They hurt terribly, they sting and are probably very red.

"Have you thought it through?" My dad asked through the door. I didn't reply. Last night was terrible, and I wouldn't be talking to him anytime soon.

*Flashback*

He stood staring at me. I don't know if it was a mad stare, or a scared stare. He took a step closer to me. "How'd you fine this out?" He said through his clenched jaw. I pointed to the TV. "You're lucky I didn't go to the police when I found out." I said. "And you won't ever will." He said taking another step closer. "You don't know that." I said backing away.

"You never did before." He said.

"This is different dad." I paused.

"Dad. You killed 5 people. Do you think that's ok? Because I'm sure as h*** that that's not!" I yelled.

"You have to swear to God that you won't tell anyone, Ella Marie! You hear me?!?" He screamed. "No dad. I won't 'swear to God' or promise you anything! I'm done, you went way to far from the beginning. I'm- I'm just so ashamed of myself from not telling anyone from the start! You are a killer, a murder! You have no right to do this to anyone!" I screamed.

He pushed me up against the wall. I

could tell he had a few drinks. "You won't tell anyone." He hissed. "I can do whatever I want." I pushed him off of me and ran to the front door. He pulled me back by my arm. "Dad, let go!" I yelled, but he kept his grip. "Ella! Why all of a sudden do you care?" He yelled throwing me to the ground. I looked up to him with tears falling from my eyes.

"I've always cared about this, how couldn't I? You've killed the people who I loved, dad. First Luke, then Brett, then 2 strangers who I happened to he talking to. Now mom. I cared from the beginning dad." I whispered. "I can't believe God made ME your daughter." I mumbled. He didn't say anything. "I'm done with you, dad. You made my life so difficult you know that?" I said standing up.

He still said nothing.

"That's what I thought." I walked up to my room and didn't plan on coming out.

*End of Flashback*

I've sitting here ever since. My dad opened the door. I still looked at my wall. "Ella. Do you promise now." He sat on my bed. "You have to talk to me sooner or later." He said. "Ella! Speak to your father!" You said loudly.

I flipped him off.

"Ella Marie!" He yelled. "What!" I yelled back. I seemed surprised by my reaction. His facial expression changed. "I'm sorry for what I did to you last night." He said. "But you're not sorry for killing those innocent people?" I stared at him. "I told you I'm sorry! How many time have I said sorry?!" He Said. "A lot. I know, but I haven't forgave for the first death. You know that.. right." I said.

"Yeah, I do. Ella, I just need you to promise not to tell anyone." He said. "Why?" I said annoyed. "Ella, do you not understand this?" He paused. "If you report me, or tell anyone about this... I-uh. The death penalty, they'll kill me. You'll have no family." He whispered. "Dad-" I whispered. "I just don't want to leave you alone, have no one to protect you." He said. "Ok, whatever dad. I won't tell anyone." I chocked out.

I cannot believe I said that. "Good girl." I reached for my hand but I pulled it away. "Don't." I mumbled. "Can you leave now?" I asked nodding toward the door. "Whatever. Fine, I'm leaving." He closed my door behind him. I laid back down on my bed and cried silently in my pillow.

I sat up and reached for my phone to text or call Niall. It wasn't there. I could of swore I put it on my bed after I texted him. I looked through my pillows and blankets but I couldn't find it anywhere. I leaned back against the wall. If its not here that means-.

My dad took my phone.

He'll find out about Niall.

"ELLA!"

__________________________

Authors Note:

Hey guys! Follow the new account I'm co owning on Instagram! @hazzababey ! Anyway, thanks for all the comments! I'm really busy this week because I have softball and volleyball tryouts, so it might take me longer to update. Sorry! More is coming though, I promise!

Vote please(:

~Sam