Chapter 17 : Change My Mind

~Niall~

Harry walked into the room with a big smile on your face. He just stood and stared at me. "What." I snapped. "I have good news." He Said. I rolled my eyes. "What?" I said.

"I found her." He whispered. My heart literately flew out of my chest and I couldn't speak. "W-w. h-how?" I said standing up. "She still works at the music shop." He said. "I talked to her about it, you two are gonna meet up tomorrow there!" He said excitedly.

"Holy S***, Harry!" I hugged him nearly choking him to death. "Thank you." I whispered tears falling from my eyes. "No problem, Niall." He said pulling away from the hug.

"Tell me about her. Is she still outgoing and amazing and beautiful and-" Harry stopped me from continuing. "Niall- she's different. At least that's what she told me. But she did seen more reserved than before." He said. I nodded. "Maybe it's her dad." I said.

"About that, I have more goods news." He said. I raised my eyebrows. "Ella, moved out. Her dad moved too. He's not living around here anymore!" He said. "Wait, really?!?" I asked loudly. "Yes!" He said.

"This is my chance." I smiled.

"For what?" He asked.

"To finally make her mine." I said.

~Ella~

"Why are you going to start off new anyway? You're going to keep lying to him." Jake said. "He'll be afraid of me." I whispered. "No. He won't." He tried to assure me. "Jake, how am I supposed to tell him my dad was going to kill him! That he's dead because he killed 5 people! How?" I yelled.

He looked at me blankly. "I-I don't know. It's just not the right thing to do Ella." He whispered. "I know it's not! I do! Why do you care so much? Can't you just go along with it." I said loudly. "No, Ella! I'm not going along with it, you shouldn't either!!" He yelled back.

"I have to Jake! You know it, too!" I yelled. "Ella, I'm trying to help you." He yelled. "Nothing's going to help me! Nothing!" I yelled. We both stayed silent and just looked at each other. We've never gotten into a fight before.

I saw tears forming in his eyes. "I want to help, I've Ben trying to-" I stopped him. "Why can't you just go along with it?" I whispered. He grabbed both my arms and looked me straight in the eyes.

"I care about you, Ella. A lot. You're my best friend. Doing this isn't right. If you lie and he finds out, you'll loose him again. I don't want to see you hurt." He paused. "You need someone like Niall, Ella. You can't ruin things by lying." He said quietly.

I looked at him blankly, not knowing what to say. "Who knows if "things" will even happen." I mumbled tears falling from my eyes. "They will, he'll love you as much as he did before. But-" I looked up at him, and dried my tears.

"Everything you said was amazing. But, Jake." I paused.

He looked at my sad.

"Nothing can change my mind."

He just shook his head at me. I could tell he was disappointed. "Fine, do what you want it's your life not mine." He said walking back to the front of the store. He was mad.

I leaned back against the wall, my phone lit up. Niall Horan had posted something on twitter.

*Two years of being all alone, & tomorrow you'll be by my side again.*

I smiled to myself. Maybe, he does still love me. If he ever really did. I know it probably seems like I don't care about Niall anymore. But you're wrong if you think that. I've always tried to cover up my emotions.

I am excited to see Niall, I really am. But afraid too. Afraid of my lie. Will he find out? Will he be afraid of me? Or will he hate me for lying. I don't want to lie, but I have to. For our "relationship" . I don't want to loose Niall again over my father.

I wish I could just change my mind.

Tell him the truth.

But the sad part is, I can't.

I probably never will.

__________________________

Authors Note :

Hii! I'm home from Florida. But I will be taking awhile to post because of sports. When it comes near the end of the school year, I'll probably start posting more often. Thank you for the 100,000+ reads on I Miss The Old You..

Lets try with this one too! Actually, I've got good or bad news. I'm actually going to start a sequel after the next chapter maybe. It will be called Liar, Liar. So make sure you look it up when I tell you to!

More is coming !

~Sam :)