Sorpresa! (Ingrid Engen)

Being in a long-distance relationship was something I knew too well. My girlfriend of almost 2 year  and I met in 2021. FC Barcelona was coming to England to play against Arsenal. It was a Champion's League game so the both of us didn't think too much of it but the second our eyes crossed, I fell for this woman. And I have to say, I fell deep. It may sounds cheesy but oh well. 

***

I was sitting in a taxi, on my way to surprise my girlfriend Ingrid. She had a big match against Real Madrid today and I told her that I couldn't come to see her. She was sad about it but it was something we learned to accept due to her living in Spain and me living in England. What she didn't know was that I had some days off and took the plane to Barcelona just after our call. "So are you rooting for Barcelona or Real?" the taxi driver asked. I snapped out of my thoughts. "I'm sorry what?"

"I asked which team you prefer, Barcelona or Real? I'm guessing you're going to the stadium to watch the game, aren't you?"

I smiled, thinking about one of my girlfriend's older jerseys in my backpack. "Oh I'm definitely team Barcelona. My girlfriend actually plays there." My smile became even bigger than it already was. "Oh that's nice. Wish her luck!"

"I will definitely do that." When we arrived at the stadium, I got out and gave the driver a tip. Walking into the stadium I texted Keira, letting her know that I was finally here. 

Keiraaaa <3

Heyyyy Kei I'm here! I have no idea where to go thoughhhh

Heyyy y/n! Which entrance did u use?

South I think y?

Ok don't move I'm coming to get youuuu :)

Argshjfjf yesss!

Now I only had to wait for her. While doing that, I put on Ingrid's jersey. Not even 2 minutes later I saw the one and only Keira Walsh running towards me. "Keira!" I hugged my best friend tight, not having seen her in over 6 months. "y/n! I'm so excited to see you again! Ingrid isn't suspecting a thing. She's so concentrated on the game, it's impressive."  

"That's good. I hope she'll be happy to see me."

"Oh don't worry, she will! She literally talks about you all the time." She said, emphasizing 'all the time'. She looked at me up and down and then made a gesture for me to turn around. I did and she just awed. "You're wearing her jersey! That's so cute!" I blushed a bit which doesn't go unnoticed by Keira although she doesn't comment on it. "Ok now follow me. I reserved you one of the best seats!" She continued to ramble about the game while I followed her nodding eagerly.

***

The game started off great. Claudia scored a goal in the 7th minute which was an excellent start. Keira followed her by scoring one in the 43rd minute. I jumped out of my seat and celebrated at both of them. Thanks to Lucy, Frido, Irene and Mapi, Real didn't score one goal in the first half. During the break Keira came to see me, paying attention to her teammate at the same time so that she didn't catch her off-guard. Lucy joined us, engulfing me in a hug. "Long time no see y/l/n."

"Yeah, I agree. You two should definitely come to London more often. I'm always the one coming here."

"Well you could just admit that you love it here but if you wanna say it like this." We laughed and continued our conversation until they had to go back onto the pitch.