2 am (Leah Williamson)

requested by @Oliviawelchiswife with prompt 19. enjoyyy :)

I loved Leah, I really did. It was just hard sometimes. We didn't fight a lot but when we did, it lasted at least a few days if not even weeks. I hated those times. We didn't talk, we didn't text, we didn't call. It was horrible.

***

I was already in a bad mood when I woke up. Nothing worked out for me this morning. I spilled my coffee, the cereal box was empty and on top of that I was late for training. 

I came running through the door of the changing room and was met by the looks of my teammates. "You're late y/n." Our captain, my best friend and long time crush took a step towards me. "Yes, I know Leah. I had a horrible morning and-"

"I don't wanna hear it. Get ready, now." And with that, she walked out of the same door I just came through. I looked after her, completely confused. "What's up with her?"

"No idea, she was already grouchy when we came. Now get changed! I don't think she wants to wait any longer." Katie gave me a quick hug and then followed Leah. What a great start! I hastily changed into my training clothes and my boots before I ran out of the door. "Finally!" Leah exclaimed when she saw me. "We can start with the training." I lowered my gaze, feeling a bit ashamed that they all had to wait for me. Katie slightly nudged me with her elbow. "Don't worry, we were just about to start anyway. We weren't waiting for you, we were waiting for Jonas, who just arrived a minute ago." I smiled at her and then turned back to Jonas.

"Ok we're gonna start with a few passes. Get yourself a partner and begin." My gaze fell on Leah, it had become a reflex by now, but she positioned herself next to Kim. "Be my partner?" She asked her and didn't even wait for a reply from the midfielder. She just linked arms and dragged her with her. Wow, thanks for making it clear I guess. I turned to Katie, who had just witnessed the same strange thing. I gave her a contrite smile and she nodded. "Of course I'll be your partner y/n."

"Thank you Katie." I grabbed a football and we started.

***

The training was over and Leah and I hadn't talked once. It was beginning to annoy me. As soon as I entered the changing room, I confronted her. "What did I do?"

She turned around and looked at me coldly. "Don't play dumb y/n."

"Why would I? Tell me what I did!"

"Last night. I texted you, I called you, I tried everything to reach you but you didn't even bother to answer. I was so worried when you left that party without telling me, just to find out that you went home with some girl you met there!"

"What?! I never did that! I had to call Katie to pick me up after I couldn't find you! I thought you left me there! My phone was dead when I came home!"

"Oh really?! Well then who was that girl on your instagram story, huh?" She furiously pulled her phone out of her pocket and showed me a picture of me and a random girl.

"Her? Leah she was just a fan! I took a picture with her and probably posted it on my story! I was completely drunk, don't you remember?!"

Leah's expression changed instantly. "Oh." She slowly lowered her phone and her gaze wandered to the floor. "I really thought you knew me better than this Leah." I turned around abruptly, grabbed my entire stuff and stormed off. "y/n wait!" But I didn't. I hastily made my way to my car and drove off. In the rearview mirror, I could see Leah running out of the building but that wouldn't stop me.