The Facility pt1

(3rd Person PoV)

"You have 30 seconds to shut off the program or Sector Security will be called to this location," the robotic, automated voice said.

Yusaku made a fist but continued typing.

"Yusaku, I told you to let me hack into the program. You're going to get arrested!" Ai exclaimed, waving his arms around.

"I can't afford to get arrested. Call Kusanagi to delete our trail as fast as he possibly can," Yusaku said.

"Ugh fine," Ai crossed his arms before grabbing Yusaku's phone and went inside of it to call Kusanagi.

He's an Ignis so he can do that.

Yusaku has hacking into the database of Sector Security. He was basing it off of a rumor but there was something about Sector Security that rubbed him the wrong way.

Could they also be involved with the Lost Incident and the Knights of Hanoi?

Again, he's basing it off a rumor but what if that rumor was true? He had to check it out at least.

"You have 10 seconds to shut off the program or Sector Security will be called to this location," the same voice said.

"Damn it!" Yusaku shouted.

"I told you to let me hack into it. It would be so much easier but noooo. You were going to be the hero and find the information yourself," Ai sighed.

"Be quiet, Ai," Yusaku said before going over to shut the program down. It was a rush to the finish.

After those ten seconds were up, Yusaku has successfully shut the program down.

He leaned back on his chair to take a sigh of relief but it was way too early to relax because the computer immediately started to beep loudly.

"Gaaaah! What happened?" Ai asked.

Yusaku checked the time and his jaw dropped.

"I was a second too late," he said, softly.

"What? By a second?! Nooo now Sector Security will be here any minute, we need to run!" Ai shouted.

No need to tell Yusaku twice as he grabbed his Duel Disk, in which Ai slipped in, and ran out of the room that he was in.

Even though he was running for a few minutes, he could already hear the sirens.

He needs to lose them so he took a bunch of detours to throw off Sector Security off his trail.

However, no matter what he did, Sector Security was at his heels and approaching quickly.

"Yusaku! What will we dooooo?" Ai asked as Yusaku stopped at an alleyway.

He can't afford to stop and rest but what else could he do?

"Ai...," he started.

"Yeah?" Ai sounded confused.

"If Sector Security catches me, call Kusanagi to come pick you up," Yusaku then tossed his Duel Disk onto a windowsill of an abandoned building but not before grabbing the first card of his deck.

"AHHHH!" Ai cried as he got tossed.

Yusaku looked at the card he grabbed.

Cyberse Wizard...not bad, he thought.

He took off one of his shoes, then hid his card under the sole of his shoe, put his shoe back and then began to run again.

Sector Security however, caught up to him after a while of chase.