Fifteen

Things had been weird for Chan. 

To be fair, things had been weird for a while - he was just now realising exactly how weird. His world had been tilted on its axis upon the discovery of a whole new species living among him, he had befriended a member of said species, and now he had let that being drink his blood. 

Had he told Changbin? Hell no. Did he feel horrible about withholding this information? One hundred percent. 

The night they had been attacked had affected Changbin a great deal more than Chan. He wasn't sure why, since they had both almost died, but he figured people dealt with life-threatening experiences pretty differently. He, for one, had been scared at first, but had ultimately decided to try and find out more about his attacker - to make sense of things. Changbin, however, had been paralysed by this fear. He was still struggling to leave the house after dark, which was heavily affecting his job. As far as the elder was aware, he only worked weekdays, and on the off chance he worked after dark, always got a taxi home. It wasn't too expensive, since he did live within walking distance, but was definitely an unnecessary expense overall. 

Chan wished that Changbin would see the pair how he now did - people who had been victims to their lifestyle. However, whenever he brought up the topic of a certain blond, Changbin would swiftly change the subject. 

Jisung had been oblivious to the entire situation - for his own protection. They explained Changbin's newfound fear of the night by claiming he was mugged - which was partially true, since he still hadn't been returned his phone. He was lucky he had the thing insured, and was able to get a replacement. Jisung had encouraged him to contact the police, but after heavy resistance from his two roommates, gave up on the topic. He figured he was embarrassed, and left it at that.

Chan was currently sat at home, working on a new guide track to present to his friends. He loved music, truly, but found he just never really had time for it these days. He hadn't been able to focus much, which definitely hindered his creative process. Playing the beat back, he paused the track as he saw Jisung walk through the front door. 

"Hey."  Chan acknowledged the younger who was settling his backpack by the door. 

"How'd study go?" Changbin asked, currently sat across the sofa from Chan, doing something on his phone. 

"Good. I actually met your new friend Felix." Jisung smiled, turning to Chan. 

The mention of the name made Changbin freeze, his phone gripped tighter within his hand.

"Oh, cool." Chan laughed nervously, sensing the change in his friend's demeanour.

Confused, Jisung spared a glance at Changbin, noticing his shift in expression. 

"Your friend?" Changbin questioned with clenched teeth, head turning slowly towards the elder sat across the couch. 

"I was gonna mention it to you." Chan explained, ignoring the confusion on Jisung's face. 

"I can't believe you." Changbin scoffed, getting up from the couch. "After what he did?" The shorter's gaze was fiery. 

"He apologised." Chan explained.

Changbin laughed. 

"Oh, so that makes it okay? All is forgiven?"

"Changbin, he's not how you think. Not anymore-"

"I don't give a shit. He's always gonna be that thing, and the fact that alone hasn't deterred you speaks a lot for your intelligence." 

"What did he do?" Jisung piped up, almost scared to ask. Felix had seemed nice enough when they spoke.