═✿═╡𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆╞═✿═

𝙰𝚋𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚍:
𝚈/𝚗: 𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝙽𝚊𝚖𝚎
Italic: Thoughts
𝙰/𝚗: 𝙰𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚜

╔═══᪥☻᯽✲══〖ꨄ〗══✲᯽☻᪥═══╗

Y/n's POV

"Sister.."

"Hehe, we meet again. Shall we pick up from where we left off?" She sits by our favourite spot in all of Sumeru. It doesn't look special to the eyes of others, but to us it is. (Wherever you want it to be :D)

"I went to your room today.. heh.. it's exactly how you left it.. do you.. mind if a friend stays there..?"

"Hm.. of course I don't."

"Heh.. The suns shining, looks like today is a short visit."

"Till we meet again."
.
.
.
I woke up to find tears in my eyes. And the only thing that was on my mind was to go to her room, despite knowing that hat man is in there.

I got out of my and left my room, not caring that I haven't brushed my teeth. I gathered my courage and made a beeline to my sister's room, silently opening the door. Behind the door was my sister's still untidy room. The only thing out of place was Wanderer's big hat on the dresser and him on the bed.

It took a lot in me to walk in and look around. Memories of spending time with my sister came to me. This guilt I feel is probably nothing compared to the hurt she felt.

A hand grabbed my forearm and dragged me to sit in the bed.

"Ugh.. how troublesome.." Wanderer muttered as he sat crossed-legged on the bed.

"Sorry-"

"Just cry it out out would you?" He said with an annoyed tone. I don't know what came over me, but the next thing I know I was crying in his chest. "You-.. ..." As I cried, he awkwardly sat, not pushing me away or bringing me closer. After god knows how long later, I abruptly sat up straight.

"I'm sorry-""

"Sigh, your apologies are unnecessary. We will not speak of this again." He got off the bed and grabbed a tissue to dry his shirt.

"Ah.. I shouldn't have clung to you like that.. I don't know what came over me.." Wanderer's demeanour didn't falter and with his back facing me. I couldn't tell what he was thinking or feeling.

"It doesn't matter, I have.. some understanding to how you might be feeling." He didn't have his usual snarky tone, neither did he sound sad. He sounded like a lost boy, unsure with how to deal with what he's feeling.

"So.. you lost someone too?" After a brief moment of silence that followed, he turned to meet my eyes.

"I'm a puppet, a machine. One that can live for centuries, whilst you humans live up to a 100 years or even less. What do you think?" He said coldly. What followed next was a snarky laugh, "Heh. This is why humans are worthless. They're all going to die in the end. There's no point trying to befriend them."

"They why did you leave the Dendro Archon's side? You two could be-"

"Tsk. Her? Buer is a god who doesn't seek power, and she's only going to end up using me for her own personal gain." He snickered.

"Aren't you using me?"

"Now that's different, you were willing to let me stay here. I on the other hand am not willing to stay with her because for all I know, she could make me work for her." He sounded so sure of himself that the Dendro Archon would use him and before I could respond he continued, "Forget what I said. This conversation ends here and is to never be brought up again."