Chapter 16

3rd person POV

Delilah had woken up around 8 the next moring to work out. when she was running on the treadmill she saw mutiple icelnad players working out as well. She got back to the hotel around 10 with breakfest for herself and Julie and Connie.

"Here guys." She dropped a paper bag on the desk in the hotel and walked into the bathroom to start the shower. After she showered she washed her face, brushed her teeth and hair and got dressed.

"Shit, I need to start packing." Delilah said with her hands on her hips.

"Me too. I don't wanna leave you guys tho." Julie said next to Delilah.

"Me neither." Connie agreed. Delilah nodded her head then her eyes wided in realization.

"What am I gonna do about Ken?"

"What do you mean?" Julie questioned.

"Hes gonna be in San Fransisco and I'll be in Maui..."

"Oh my god thats right." Julie whispered. Its not like it was secret that they where gonna have to go back home after but it was still gonna be hard.

"I think you'll be able to make it work." Connie said and Delilah smiled at her.

"Okay I'm just gonna start packing." Delilah walked over to the closet and took out her empty suit case she packed quite a bit till it was time to go to the rink for warm ups

When the three girls where walking down the hall she got a text from her family group chat.

3 people

Mom 👹

Good luck today Delilah! We'll be watching, we love you!!

Dad 😜

Good luck today Kiddo, love you lots!

Gossip Gurl

Good luck Delilah!

Delilah

Thanks love you guys too! Heading to warmups now.

"Coach." Adam walked into the buzzing locker room. "I woke up... and the pain was gone." Adam rotated his stick with his right wrist and everyone cheered and clapped.

"Adam I'm sorry but we already have a full roster." Bombay said and Russ looked down and was about to take off his uniform but Charlie stopped him.

"He can have my spot." Charlie spoke and everyone looked at him as he walked up to Gordan and Adam. "Its what I can do for the team. Let me do it."

"Charlie, I need you on the bench coaching right there with me." Gordan put a hand on his shoulder and handed the white board to him and the team cheered.

Two guys opened the doors to the ice and the team skated on together over to their bench cheering and hyping the crowd up.

"Heads high! Fly tall! Fly straight! U.S.A!"

"All the way!" Team U.S.A chanted and the crowd was yelling and screaming loudly and only got louder when Iceland team did their little thing.

Delilah took the first face off of the game and when the puck was dropped she was immediately shoved down. She got back up right away but the Iceland player was already racing down the ice with the puck.

It was like a repet of the first Iceland vs. U.S.A game. Iceland was throwimg team U.S.A around all over the ice. it was only about a minute and 30 seconds into the game and an Iceland player had already shot the puck. Luckily goldburg blocked it and then the same Iceland player pushed Luis down out of frustration.