Lucas Sinclair's Guide to Getting a Boyfriend

Description: "I always thought you were straight too, you and Dustin always talked about girls. Which, knowing you like both now, is fair enough."

"So, boys" Lucas waggled his brows, "Anyone you have your eyes on?"

Mike looked down at his lap, because he was sure he was turning red. He shook his head, but he knew it didn't seem all that convincing.

"You like someone!" Lucas said, excited, "Who is it?"

---

When Lucas Sinclair comes out to Mike Wheeler, his entire perspective on the world is shifted. He thought he had been alone in liking boys. When he finally musters up the courage to come out to Lucas, Lucas decides to help Mike with his crush on Will.

Word Count: 6,363

Date Originally Posted: December 31st, 2022

A/N: OKAYYYYY I tried posting this earlier but ao3 suddenly went to shit lol.

This is my last fic of 2022 wowza

Enjoy however many words of Lucas Sinclair being a bisexual king and helping Byler get together. I really loved this idea and I will make any excuse I can to write the whole party being LGBTQ+ (besides Dustin, because him being the token straight is funny to me).

—------------------------------

When Lucas unexpectedly showed up at the Wheeler's front door late one night, Mike wasn't sure what to make of it. Maybe sometime in the past that had been normal- expected, even. However, after many years of fighting off monsters, unexpected visits could also mean trouble.

"What's wrong?" Mike immediately asked, worried. Sure, they had defeated Vecna and the Upside-Down was destroyed for good, but that fact never gave any of them the peace of mind they probably should have. They were always alert, jumpy over the smallest of things.

After two years of peace, it still hadn't made them calm down. Mike was well into his junior year of high school, and everything was normal. They were safe.

"Don't worry, it's nothing dangerous." Lucas immediately clarified, because he knew in Mike's situation he'd act the same as him. "Can I come in?"

Mike only nods, moving away from the doorway so that Lucas could come into his house. Lucas takes that as Mike's go ahead and leads them on their way into the basement. When they go in and sit on the couch, there's a few beats of awkward silence. Mike still doesn't know why Lucas is here at 10:30 pm, on a school night. He's lucky his mom hasn't woken up yet to yell at Mike, even though he wasn't even expecting any visitors. He thinks his mom wouldn't care about that piece of information, she only cares about scolding him. When he looks at Lucas's face, he can see that Lucas looks a bit nervous, like he's trying to figure out what to say. It surprises Mike, since he hardly ever see's Lucas in this state.

Mike decides to talk, giving Lucas the chance to collect his thoughts, "Uh, so why are you here? Is everything okay? Like..." Mike pauses, trying to figure out what to say. He's honestly a bit awful at this stuff, the emotional friendship touchy feely kinda talks, "Like, um- With you?"

Lucas only snorts out a laugh at that, because Lucas also knows Mike is shitty at this kind of stuff, "Yeah, Mike. It's just I was talking with Max tonight and she said I-"

Mike immediately groans, "Please tell me this isn't another breakup thing with you two. I do not want to hear about that when I could be sleeping."

"No! We're good, better than ever, for your information. It's just- and she said I could tell you because she said she'd rather die than have this talk with you, and it also relates to me too. She said it'd be good to tell one of our friends about it. I didn't know when I could catch you alone so I decided to just do it now."