Ch 2: The Sire (Part 4)

Cecil and Esme pulled back from their hug and Cecil was just about to kiss Esme until they heard a childish, 'Ooo...' Esme turned to the source and saw Thelma peaking through the door with a grin. "Don't linger in doorways, Ellie." Esme scolded motioning for her sister to come in. "Ma isn't going to be happy if she finds out you two were necking in the studio." Thelma sang skipping into the room. Esme rolled her eyes, "I'm an adult Ellie, I'm allowed to kiss Cecil." Esme said before looking over at Cecil.

"Well as long as he lets me." She added with a grin, Cecil snorted and leaned close pecking the corner of her mouth. "I'm going to be stealing your sister for a couple days Thelma," Cecil announced wrapping his arms around Esme. "What?!" Thelma exclaimed, "You already got her for four you greedy pig!" Thelma exclaimed.

"I'd have her for all seven if I had my way." Cecil glowered narrowing his eyes at the fifteen-year-old. Thelma seemed enraged at this point, though, to be honest, it didn't take that much. Despite her angelic looks, Thelma had a temper from hell especially when it came to her big sister. "Just because Esme's a big pushover doesn't mean you can do whatever you want!" Thelma shouted, "Hey now! I am not a pushover!" Esme exclaimed, "You stay out of this." Both omegas barked at the same time.

"Okay... Geez." Esme winced, Cecil let go of Esme and started furiously negotiating with Thelma as the fifteen-year-old walked out of the room saying something about her planner. It was a couple more hours of them chatting together when the grandfather clock went off. Penelope sat her teacup down, "Oh my goodness it's that late already?!" She exclaimed surprised, "Where did the time go?" She mumbled, Lillian laughed, "It left five minutes ago." She teased, Penelope laughed in response.

"Oh, Lilly don't be mean." Penelope laughed, she then sat the cup down on the coffee table and stood up. "Cecil darling," She called, Esme who had been quietly drinking tea with her mother and Penelope looked over at the dining room table to see Thelma and Cecil still bickering. "Cecil!" Penelope repeated, "Oh good grief." She grumbled seeing Cecil not respond and continue arguing. "What in heaven's name are they doing?" She complained, "They're deciding custody schedules." Esme laughed dryly before taking a sip of her tea.

"Custody schedules?" Both older omega women asked, "Yeah, Thelma wants me home and Cecil wants me with him." Esme said lightly, she took another sip before catching the look on Penelope's face.

There was a soft look on her face, Esme was surprised by this, "Lilly is it alright if Esme stays with us for a little while?" Penelope spoke, "How long is a little while?" Lillian asked skeptically, "A couple of days after all the contract needs to be signed." Penelope said smiling she then sat back down. "Also, Cecil's been depressed without Esme." She whispered.

"Depressed?" Esme asked snorting, "I have noticed Esme's been mopey too." Lillian replied talking about her as if she wasn't there. "I have not!" Esme defended herself. "All she does is sit in her studio room and paint these days. It'll be good for her to get out of there." Lillian decided, Esme felt her eye twitch.

She leaned back staring up at the ceiling then Cecil came into view looking down at her. "Managed to come to a consensus?" She questioned, Cecil, leaned down, "Your little sister is a piece of work." He spoke looking annoyed, Esme sat up straight and then stood up. "Yeah, Elly tends to be set in stone once she decides something," Esme replied, walking around the couch to face Cecil. "Look at her, she just perked right up as soon as she saw him." Esme felt her face burning when she heard her mother speak. "It's like watching a little puppy." Penelope giggled; the two omega women laughed with each other.

Esme felt her ears burning and she shot a dirty look in their direction before looking at the smug-looking Cecil. "Not a word." She narrowed her eyes pointing at him, "I haven't said anything." Cecil held his hands behind his back as he spoke. "I'm going to get my things," Esme announced, her mother waved her off continuing to talk with Penelope.