Deals with The Devil

Let me tell you a story about a woman who fell into two crowds: the good and the bad.
Of course, there are pros and cons to each category, but I suppose it only depends on the way you look at it...

TW!: swearing

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Eden Cornwall.

Leviticus Cornwall's eldest daughter.

She was late 20s, maybe early 30s. She dressed to impress and impressed everyone she walked by. She was what you would call 'the perfect woman' in 1899. Blonde hair, beautiful dresses, a kind personality, and a wealthy daddy.

If Kam was being honest, all that stuff didn't matter to her. The whole outfit styling- it wasn't necessary. It was simply a nuisance; however, there was something that interested Kam with Eden Cornwall. Her daddy's money.

Leviticus owned several railroads and oil factories across the East Coast, he makes bank off of each and every single one of them. Fortunately for Kam, so does she. Kam was never really interested in large jobs that included robbery, but she longed for the feeling of risk that came with it; seeing the bulbous man's face go red with rage was a perk of these jobs.

Leviticus knew Kam and she knew him. She knew he hated her, and he knew that she hated him. There was never safe ground between those two, in terms, it was always riddled with potholes and large rocks.

The younger woman had been terrorizing the millionaire ever since he sent his men to hunt her down for robbing a train for bonds; she was taken, of course, and questioned by the man himself. Let's just say it was a very long night- for the both of them. For Kam, it was because she was literally beaten when Leviticus didn't get an answer he desired; for Cornwall, it was because Kam made fun of his appearance the entire kidnapping.

She would comment on his size, the way he wore his suit, his uneven facial hair, the way his face grew red with every passing hour. She loved wasting his time, and as he had said himself "time is money and you are stealing both". Colm would come and save her eventually, but now that Kam looked at it from a different angle, it seemed clear as day that he simply ran into her while robbing Cornwall and just decided to take her anyways.

Now that she thought about it, he could've just left her there to rot in the garage-looking building for Cornwall to deal with, but he didn't. He took her home.

Colm was confusing.

Kam still couldn't decide whether or not she was mad at her dad for trying to turn her over to the Pinkerton's. She supposed she understood why he did it, for money that was so desperately needed, but something inside her just told her to quit acting like a 'lapdog' and coming home when he rings. One part of her yelled at her- screamed at her not to go back and just forget about him all together, the other part reminded her of the 20-years she had given him full-heartedly. All the fishing and hunting trips, the tag-team jobs they ran, the light conversations and the heavier drinks. She owed him in a way. She hated to admit it, but she missed him.

She knew their relationship was toxic in some sort of way, the fact that she followed him blindly through fear and intimidation and doubt told her that it wasn't normal to have a relationship like that. But then again, what other relationship had she experienced to tell her otherwise? Kam was fully aware of the dangers she put herself in just to protect him- her dad- the man who kidnapped her from her loving parents. There were too many labels to be stamped onto Colm that she didn't know which ones to look at and which ones to ignore.