03-Grey

Fae'liin

It has been two days since Tsireya saved me and Fæmer, well we will still be slaves to my mother but at least i will be able to be with Tsireya some part of the day. "hey so we haven't seen Txopu lately have we?" i asked Fæmer as we returning back home after hunting for fish, "i wouldn't worry" Fæmer said

"Txopu wasn't at some girls place the night of the party" i said thinking of where he might've been "he's old enough to take care of himself Fae, don't worry about it" he said recurring me. We walked in to our hut to see mother sharpening some weapons, she does it a lot, even though we only use them for hunting. I think she's just paranoid.

Me and Fæmer went on to make breakfast "hey guys" Ma'rú greeted as he walked in "where have you been?" mother asked Ma'rú not angrily or anything, she asked him as if it was normal to disappear for three days "with Arziel of course" he said and smiled at mother, Arziel is a very dear friends to Ma'rú.

Ma'rú is only three years older than me and Fæmer how come he can go out where ever whenever, but we get in so much trouble over going to a party. I don't think it makes sense

After breakfast me and Fæmer waited for the Sully kids to pick us up, since they lived close we thought it would be best.

"hey guys" Kiri said walking past us, I have been talking a lot more to her the past days and she's very nice. I really appreciate how chill she is, i don't really have a friend that i can always be relaxed around or well.. Tsireya is often chill but more often than not she's quite energetic. "hey where are the others?" Fæmer said as we both stood up walking with her "oh they have been somewhere all morning" she said her eyes roaming around looking for them.

We spotted Lo'ak, Tsireya, Neteyam, Aonung, Rotxo and Tuk sitting on the shore letting the waves hit their feet, Tuk is so precious she was giggling whenever the water would hit her. "hey bro did you hear about the accident by the rocks?" Lo'ak said to Fæmer "what no" he said confused sitting next to him, Neteyam, Rotxo and Aonung joined in on the topic but me and Kiri couldn't possibly care less so i sat next to Tsireya and Tuk while Kiri went into the water exploring the seabed.

We chatted for a bit before going out into the ocean. This time i was paired with Aonung to help Tuk which i think is great since i haven't really talked to him lately. "hey so theres a bonfire tomorrow, will you be there?" Aonung asked me while holding Tuk's hand it's so cute how he acts with kids, he has always been a sucker for kids even though he may not seem like one. i smiled at the sight and replied "you know mother won't allow me" i said, i have completely lost hope of sneaking out, mother has made it very clear. She has also given Txopu and Ma'rú strict instructions on what we need to do during the day, so that if she isn't present our punishment wont just pause. "i can talk to father if you wan't, i don't believe he will allow what Soziin is doing for much longer." he said looking very genuine, "no don't, you could get in trouble" i told him with a recurring smile "whats your mother doing?" Tuk asked with a worried look on her face "oh Tuk, don't worry! She's punishing me for being bad, i deserve it" i said while looking down at her with a very fake smile on my face.

maybe i do deserve it?

...........

After helping the Sully kids me and Fæmer went straight home making sure we have at least five minutes to spare so that mother can't find a reason to yell at us, which she has been doing a lot of lately.

"This is the worst food i have ever tasted you morons!"

"Txopu can you see that on the ground? A chip of coconut is it not?!"

"You come home on the dot? do you two just absolutely hate me?!"

"Fæmer get up! You can't just watch while Fae'liin does all of the work."

"Which one of you made this bracelet?! It's absolutely horrible! Whoever did this make sure you don't do another like it."

"Fae'liin man up! Stop crying you useless toddler!"

"Fae'liin you have changed i miss when you would consider how i feel! Why can't it be like old times?"

"Fae'liin what is that necklace? It looks horrible on you, hand it over. I can't have my only Daughter looking like that."

She hasn't necessarily always been like this but when me and Fæmer were practically newborns she would mistreat us quite a bit, Ma'rú took care of us while mother pretended we didn't exist. It's very possible that she dislikes us so much because father left her, said he would never want a life with her and disappeared completely. Me and Fæmer don't have the same father as Txopu and Ma'rú. Ma'rú told us that our mother and their father were never in love but just needed to have kids but when they couldn't bear each other any longer they split. They also split because of my and Fæmer's father, Ma'rú said that she loved him but it was one sided and he never took anything they ever had together seriously.

I remember when i was young i had a rock collection, i loved them and they even had names. I would mostly collect crystals or shiny rocks but i had one grey one, a normal rock. It was supposed to be me, i was the boring rock that blended into the background effortlessly. Mother made me believe that being a nobody was all i was and all i would ever be, i was just another rock. It wasn't until i got older that i stopped listening to her bullshit and started doing things my way, i started going out with Fæmer and i would hang out with his friends and there i met Tsireya.

I didn't have any friends before that, i was always alone. Obeying my mother like a puppy.

"Mother, is there anyway we could go to the bonfire tomorrow?" i said looking down not being able to look her in the eye "i would be able to talk with Emul!" Emul is a girl that my mother loves, she always compares me to her and i hate it. Emul is a nice girl which makes it worse because then i can't hate her, it's still a mystery why mother admirers her so much. When it started she would tell everyone at the dinner table how Emul helped her with this or that, but she would always fail to mention when i would basically be acting like her maid.

"do you think you deserve that?" she asked not affected by what i just said at all "yes.." i said unsure, before mother could speak up Txopu who stood behind her did "mother they deserve it." when she looked back at him he signalled her to follow him, she did. "So are we allowed to go or what?" Fæmer whispered to me "i think so?" i replied "and why didn't you stick up for me huh? mother was about to tear me to shreds if it wasn't for Txopu!" i said letting annoyance take over my face "look at the bright side! Fae we can go to the bonfire!" he said totally ignoring what i just said "we don't know for sure" i said to him, theres not a chance i was going to hold onto what could possibly be false hope.

authers note:

okay this is a wayy shorter chapter but there will another one tomorrow!! I'm actually thinking of shortening the chapters so i can post more but idrk yet

so i know this was boring but i wanted to go a bit into the background before starting with the romance but i think it will come in the next chapter

Everyone follow my wattpad tiktok zaza.frk x