Chapter 3

Varun was sleeping on his bed, he was twisting his sides continuously and frowning. He was having a nightmare.
He was gasping for air. Dur to shortness of breath he woked up with a force.
He took time to calm himself, he was assuring more that this was just a bad dream and nothing else. After Varun was calmed down he was thinking about today's incident. Sleep was far away from his eyes. He was wide awake and was looking at his broken specs.
The nightmares were not new from him and the college horrors were just add on with his father's abusive words and beatings.
Unknowingly he slept hoping that the new day will bring some good things.

In the morning, Siddharth was waiting for him in the car.
Varun sat on the passenger seat beside Sid.
Siddharth with his signature smile welcomed Varun making Varun's heart drop a beat. Sid had a charming smile which can make anyone fall from him. And unknowingly Varun too was not able to move his eyes from Sid.
This was the first time Varun was seeing Siddharth closely. Siddharth had sharp features, a pointed nose, dark brown eyes and thin lips and his ohh so charming smile was cherry on top. Varun was too engrossed in Sid's look that he forgot that Sid was actually saying something to him.

"Sir!! Varun sir??! Sid waved his hand in front of Varun making him come out from his dream land.
Varun then realised what must have happen, embarrassingly he said, "Haa kuch bol rahe the tum?"
"Aree mene toh bohot kuch bola aapka he dhyan nahi tha" told Sid with a slight pout.
"Sorry" Varun said with a guilt.
"Sorry mat boliye sir, me majak kar raha tha, aap serious hogye"
Varun laughed a little at Siddharth.

After a silence Varun asked Sid, "naam kya hai tumhara? itni baate ki humne aur mujhe tumhara naam he nahi pata"
"Wese naam toh Siddharth hai par itna bada naam koi leta hai nahi toh Sid he bolte hai sab" replied Sid.
"College aagya sir aapka" said Sid.
Varun closed his eyes preparing himself for the day. And left after saying bye to Sid.

Today's day was going smoothly for Varun. The lectures were over and it was time to leave the class. Varun was packing his bag, he was alone in the classroom when the group of boys came again, this time one of them snatched his notebook in which he had written important points and made notes.
"Ayee dekh isne notes banaye hai" one of the boy said. "Aap please mujhe meri book wapas kijiye" said Varun calmly.
"Ye toh tujhe nahi milne wali ab beta, aur mujhe bhi toh dekhne de kya notes banaye hai." "Mujhe de mujhe dekhni hai iske notes" It soon turn into an intentional fight between the boys where they tore his book and teared the pages in which he had written notes.
"Ye kya kiya aapne?? jaan bujh ke kiya na, kyu mujhe pareshan karte ho kya bigada hai mene aapka??" As this was getting too much for Varun he asked them angrily.
One of the boy held Varun's collar and slapped him hard across his face making corner of his lips bleed.
"Hume attitude dikhayege ab? Tu yahi sab deserve karta hai . Aage se kabhi aawaz nahi niklani chahiye teri hamare khilaf samjhaa??!" He warned Varun and left from there.

Varun composed himself and came out of the college gate. Here Siddharth was waiting for him. From the condition of Varun anyone can tell he cried, noticing his puffy eyes Siddharth asked, "Aap roo rahe ho sir? Kya hua aapki tabiyat theek hai na. Aur ye khoon kese aarha hai aapke hoton se" At this point Siddharth was worried from him.
Varun was restricting himself from crying and he knew if Siddharth continues with his question he will surely cry in front of him.
He replied, "Kuch nahi hua woh bas thodi chot aayi football khel raha tha toh zyada kuch nahi hai. Ab ghar chlo jaldi. Me thak gaya hu"

"Sir ek min aapke hoton se khoon aarha hai" Sid removed his handkerchief from pocket and dipped it in water and gave it to Varun. "Sir ye laga lijiye, aapko achha lagega aur khoon bhi band hojayega"
Varun was shocked because this was the first time someone was caring for him. Even the smallest action anyone did for him would make his heart happy.
On the way to home nobody spoke a word and was the ride was silent.

After a long time Varun was playing his guitar. Playing music would make his heart content. It was a stress buster for him. The guitar was gifted by his mother.
He played guitar hiding from his father. Because his father hates music and if he catched him playing guitar he will surely dig his grave. He was thinking about today's incident with Siddharth.
Varun was highly impressed by Siddharth's personality. Thinking of Siddharth an unknown smile formed on Varun's face.