Part 10

Minho worked the night shift the next day at the restaurant. Chan had worked the earlier shift so he wasn't there. Seungmin was though, occupying a booth near the kitchen for hours only drinking water. "You are literally rich, why are you sitting here sipping water like some broke college student?" Minho asked as he bussed a table nearby. "It has nothing to do with money, I'm just not hungry. But I am bored though so when is your next break?" Seungmin asked. Eventually it was time for Minho's 15 minute break and he sat down with Seungmin in the booth. He proceeded to tell Seungmin everything about the night before and Seungmin sat in awe listening intently as he ate some of the fries that Minho had ordered. Minho looked down at Seungmin reaching for another fry, rolling his eyes he asked "Not hungry huh?" Seungmin smiled sheepishly and pulled his hand away. "So Han, the one we met at Felix's, isn't dating that Hyunjin guy?" Seungmin asked. "No, surprisingly Hyunjin is dating a girl." Minho replied. "A girl? But he's so..." Seungmin said. "I know, I know, I said the same thing." Minho said chuckling. "Well I have an update as well, it turns out you aren't the only one that met somebody from Felix's Friendsgiving. Do you want to guess who's number I got?" Seungmin said pausing for dramatic effect. "Jasmin's?" Minho said. Seungmin's mouth dropped then he said "How did you guess?!" "There was only 2 girls at the party Seungmin, it was a fifty-fifty guess." Minho said. "Oh, right. Well yeah, I got her number after we played charades, like how you should have gotten Han's number then." Seungmin said. "Well I have it now. Not that I'm going to do anything with it." Minho said. "What? Why not? I thought you said you were going to ask him out last night?" Seungmin asked confused.

"I was but the more I think about everything the more the signs point to him just being interested in me as a friend. He didn't ask for my number even though we were hitting it off before and then asked me out with a group to go laser tag and hasn't texted me at all after having got my number. If he was interested in me romantically, don't you think he would have showed some sign of interest by now? And I told myself I would ask and the worst he could say was no but I had fun last night hanging out with him and what if I ask him out and it's worse than no, like it becomes awkward and we can't even be friends. Maybe I'd just rather be friends." Minho said looking down. "Bullshit." Seungmin said bluntly. Minho whipped his head up to Seungmin in shock. "You are just scared. You don't want to get hurt so you are quitting before you even start, stop being a baby and go for it." Seungmin added. "Why does everyone think they need to help me with my love life? Even my kid cousin thinks he needs to be my wingman. I didn't ask for your advice, I am perfectly capable of handling my own shit!" Minho said raising his voice as he stood up and walked away from the booth. Seungmin grabbed his coat and left out the door. Not too long after Seungmin left, Minho got a text. It was Han asking if he was working that night. Minho replied that he was closing and Han asked what time, saying that he was in the area and would stop by. Minho stood there confused thinking 'Why does he want to stop by all of a sudden?'

It was closing time and just as Minho was counting his register he sees Han standing on the sidewalk in front of the restaurant. Han caught his eye through the window and waved. Minho smiled and finished closing up everything. He walked out the front door, locked it and turned to see Han smiling ear to ear. "Geez it's cold out, you could have come inside, you didn't have to wait out here." Minho said. "Nah it's no big deal, I love the cold." Han said. "Me too. There's something about it that's so refreshing, especially the snow!" Minho said excitedly. Han smiled as he said "Do you want to take a walk then?" Minho stood there for a second before muttering "Uh... yeah, sure." They began walking down the street with no particular destination. They didn't say much for a while before Minho stopped and turned to Han saying "Ok I just got to say I am so sorry for my cousin yesterday. We didn't know that you understood Korean and... Well why didn't you say anything about speaking Korean in the beginning?" "Well I could tell that your cousin was trying to practice his English so I figured it best to continue with English to help him practice." Han said. "Yeah but now I feel so embarrassed, with all the crap he was saying I figured you would think we were weird and wouldn't want to talk to me after that..." Minho said looking down. "Don't be embarrassed, I didn't think anything of what he said, I knew that it was just your cousin teasing you which is why I didn't say anything. It didn't make me think y'all are weird, if anything it just made me think you two are fun." Han said smiling sweetly. Minho felt so relieved looking at that sweet smile and they began walking again. "So what brought you to the neighborhood?" Minho asked. "I was... dropping something off to a colleague of mine nearby." Han said. "I've not had the best night, so being outdoors like this is really nice." Minho said changing the subject. "Why wasn't it a good night?" Han asked. "I got in a fight with Seungmin." Minho said sighing loudly. "Oh... are you guys alright?" Han asked tentatively. "Yeah I'm sure we will be fine, I just feel bad because I kind of blew up at him." Minho said. "Well... relationships can be like that sometimes... how long have y'all been together?" Han said nervously. "Together? Me and Seungmin?! Over my dead body!" Minho said laughing.