Part 12

Tuesday rolled around and Minho looked at himself in his mirror, regretting all his life choices. "Why do I keep agreeing to do things like this that I hate?" Minho said sighing loudly. "Because deep down you love your friends and me and you know it will actually be fun." Jeongin said. "It was a rhetorical question!" Minho said annoyed as he sat down pouting angrily. Jeongin laughed at Minho's pouty face and told him "Come on, let's go, Seungmin's here." They walked out to see Seungmin driving his town car with Chan in the passenger seat. Minho opened the back door to see Han sitting there. He stepped back surprised and almost tripped on the curb. "Uh what are you doing here Han?" Minho asked. "Jeongin invited me and Hyunjin but Hyunjin couldn't make it." Han said. "Conveniently." Minho said under his breathe as he looked at Jeongin. Jeongin smiled nervously and said "Ok get in the car, it's cold!" Minho awkwardly climbed into the middle seat next to Han. As Jeongin got in, Minho was suddenly squished against Han. "Uh do you mind if I put my arm behind your neck?That way we can spread out a little more comfortably since our shoulders are squished together." Minho gulped and said "Uh... yeah sure... whatever is most comfortable for you." Seungmin smirked in the rearview mirror as Han put his arm around Minho. Minho saw Seungmin and shot him a death glare right back into the rearview mirror. Seungmin cleared his throat and adjusted his mirror so he wouldn't have to look at Minho. "So you are actually driving your car tonight Seungmin, that's an unusual sight. Are we safe back here?" Minho said to try and alleviate some of the awkard silence. "Ha ha very funny. But yes it was the only way we would all fit, I do hate driving though." Seungmin said sighing dramatically. "He usually has a driver that takes him everywhere named Stevie." Minho said to Han. "Oh, he's rich rich." Han said as he and Minho both laughed. "I'm not rich, I just live comfortably." Seungmin said defensively. Chan put his hand on Seungmin's arm and said "Oh sweetie, that's what all rich people say." Everyone in the car laughed except Seungmin who rolled his eyes. They arrived at the karaoke place and Han got out first, grabbing Minho's hand as he helped him out of the car. They held on to each other's hand for a moment after getting out of the car and then let go, both of them smiling nervously. Minho turned to see Jeongin, Chan and Seungmin all staring at them smiling. 'What have I gotten myself into?' Minho thought as he looked at those 3, knowing they would only be trouble.

They found a table near the karaoke stage. Seungmin and Jeongin went to go sign up to sing whenever was next available. "So you guys met at some dinner right?" Chan asked to Han. "Uh, yeah we were both plus ones to the dinner actually, I don't even really know the host, Felix I think it was." Han replied. "I'm sorry, he's so rude, did you even introduce yourself to him before asking questions? I'm sorry Han, this is my coworker Chan." Minho said. "Coworker? Just coworker? Geez, you know how to cut a guy deep." Chan said imitating a knife in his chest. "Actually we already met and introduced ourselves in the car earlier before we picked you up." Han said. "Yeah, we are already well acquainted." Chan said smiling mischievously. Minho shot Chan a look that could only mean 'If you said anything to embarrass me, I'll kill you.' Chan only cheesed harder at Minho and said "First round of beers on me!" People at the table next to them cheered. "Not for y'all, for my friends." Chan said and they booed him. Han and Minho both laughed and then Han said "Your friends are really cool." "Cool isn't the word I would use to describe them, but thanks." Minho said. After a few singers, the announcer called Seungmin, Jeongin and Chan to the stage. Minho and Han cheered as the other 3 boys got on stage. Chan looked confused at first since they signed him up without him knowing. The music came on and Chan's face lit up knowing exactly what song it was. Minho also recognizing the song said "Oh no, not this song." Minho covered his eyes as Chan started the boys off with the first verse of No Scrubs by TLC. "A scrub is a guy that thinks he's fly. And is also known as a busta. Always talkin' about what he wants. And just sits on his broke ass." Chan sang with all the sass.
"So no, I don't want your number.
No, I don't want to give you mine and
No, I don't want to meet you nowhere.
No, I don't want none of your time and." Jeongin sang in his broken English. Then all 3 of them sang the chorus with make shift dance moves.
"No, I don't want no scrub
A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me
Hangin' out the passenger side
Of his best friend's ride
Trying to holla at me."
Minho felt like crawling under a rock until he looked over at Han who was cracking up. Minho began to soften and even start to enjoy the performance as he and Han laughed together at their silly friends.

Chan, Seungmin and Jeongin ran off stage to many cheers. "Beers on me! Beers all around!" Seungmin said grinning as he gestured to the whole room. Everyone in the little bar cheered. "You just had to show me up huh, Money Bags." Chan said to Seungmin, pretending to be mad. "It's ok Channie, I will drink your beer." Seungmin said winking. "Give a round of applause for our next singers, Han and Minho!" The announcer said. Minho looked at Han and said "Did you sign us up?" Han shook his head and they both looked at Seungmin. Seungmin grinned a toothy smile as he pushed the two of them towards the stage. "You don't have to do this if you don't want to." Minho said to Han. "Come on, it will be fun. I just hope I know the song he chose for us." Han said chuckling. "You'll thank me later!" Seungmin said to Minho after Han walked to the stage. Minho fumed as he stomped to the stage. Suddenly the music came on for a very familiar song, Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John and Kiki Dee. Han laughed and turned to Minho saying "Oh I know this song, you can be Elton and I will be Kiki." Minho nodded smiling nervously before starting them off and it went like this.
"Don't go breaking my heart"-Minho
"I couldn't if I tried"-Han
"Honey if I get restless"-Minho
"Baby you're not that kind"-Han
"Don't go breaking my heart"-Minho
"You take the weight off of me"-Han
"Honey when you knock on my door"-Minho
"Ooh, I gave you my key"-Han
"Woo hoo
Nobody knows it"-Both
"When I was down"-Minho
"I was your clown"-Han
"Woo hoo
Nobody knows it"-Both
"Right from the start"-Minho
"I gave you my heart"-Han
"Oh-oh I give you my heart"-Both
They both got increasingly more into it as the song went on, looking into each other's eyes and singing right to each other while having fun. When the song was over Minho went for a high five but Han came in for a hug and then they awkwardly switched and ended up doing a weird hug/high five thing. Minho and Han both laughed awkwardly as they took their seats at the table.