💮💮💮💮💮

Flashback

Jannat was very excited as she was going to be an elder sister. She would always jump on her parents bed whenever her mother used to sleep and then would caress her mother's womb. The baby in her womb would kick sensing his sister's touch.

Shireen would be awake all the time but would let jannat bond with her sibling.

Suddenly shireen felt a pain in her lower abdomen, shrieking and shouting she called for abdullah who was working from home.

Abdullah came running and saw his wife clutching her stomach, little jannat scared that she did something wrong.

Both husband and wife immediately went to hospital taking jannat with them.

..
..

"Congratulations mr. Abdullah, you have a son. Let us just run some test on him." Doctor said scaring Abdullah but he assured them that it has nothing to worry about. It is just a formality.

They were quite rich.

But when the doctor ran a test on the baby, they found out that he is born blind. He can't see anything.

Crumbling his parents world. But still, they stood tall not to affect their other children.

..
..

"Jannat idhar aao, apne bhai se milo." Shireen coaxed as jannat slowly went to her mother.

"Dekho, tumhara bhai. Kabir Abdullah. He is so cute. Haina!" She said showing her daughter her brother.

"Mama, ab mai iske saath khel paungi. Haina..." a very excited jannat said. She already imagined the ways she would play with her brother and would care for him and wouldn't let any harm come to him.

"Hm. But ek baat kahu. He can't see bacche. Wo nahi dekh sakta." Abdullah sadly announced. Jannat was now crying as her brother can't see the beautiful world.

"Mere bacche rona nahi. Hume iske liye strong banna hai. Haina! You would be his strongest pillar." Her mother smiled encouraging her.

..
..

Slowly, kabir grew and with him their anxiety grew too. They would always be available for him. Making him learn speaking, walking, learning all the steps and turns all around the house.

They had removed sharp objects from his way so he wouldn't get hurt.

Jannat was the most sensitive one. She would always be with her brother. Even her friends ditched her because she would always bring her brother with her.

..
..

Kabir's POV-

I think I'm a burden on them. They never say anything to me but I can feel that.

Especially aapi. She would always be with me. Giving me her precious time.

What they say are true. I'm useless. Just like they say, I'm dependent on my family. I can't do anything on my own. Even for bathing I need someone.

My classmates would always bully me and would say that why should I come to school when I can't do anything on my own. Why would I waste my parent's money.

Aapi's friend would call me "andha" sometimes would call me a burden on their friend's shoulder.

And I think it is true. What is their to live. I'm now 14 and would be 15 tomorrow. Why can't my death come to me. So that my parents and my sister can live peacefully.

So I took a razor, smoothly sliding it over my wrist I checked it's sharpness. Indeed it was very sharp.

Inhaling deeply, I slashed my wrist deeply. Suddenly, I felt a pain shot through my arm. Making me clutch my arm tightly. I could feel the warm liquid oozing out, Suddenly I felt dizzy.

I passed out on the floor feeling my blood oozing out.

..
..

Jannat was going to call her brother, when she some liquid oozing out from the room. She saw that it was blood making her shout.

"AMMI...ABBU JALDI AAYE..." she cried as she called for her parents.

Both shireen and abdullah came running as they heard their daughter shout.

"Ab..bu ammi...khoon..kabir..kabir..." she was breathing heavily as she tried to open the door.

Abdullah moved his daughter aside and pushed the door with force. After 5th try, the door flew open.

All were shell shocked as they saw their son/brother in the pool of his own blood.

Shireen's eyes watered seeing her son in such condition.

Abdullah ran towards his son, immediately picking him up, he ran towards his car.

..
..

"I'm sorry sir but your child had gone into comatose state. Which means that he is in coma and we can't tell when he will wake up." The doctor said with a sympathy.

Flashback over

Till this date, jannat has been praying for her brother to recover. It's been 3 years. And he haven't woke up.

"Kya bole ja rahi hai ammi. Mai janti hu, but iska matlab ye nahi ke mai unki is chiz per hasu. Mujhe bas abhi shadi nahi karni. Mai chahti hu mera bhai uth jaye." She cried in front of her mother who looked sad too.

"Mera baccha, agar wo nahi utha to...kya karogi." She said with difficulty. She can't imagine losing her son.

"Amm..i aisa na..bole....wo uthega. Mujhe bharosa hai wo uthega." She said with a determination. She will pray to Allah that soon her brother would wake up.

..
..

"Wo bohot accha ladka hai jannat. Hum use jante hai, boht respectful hai or humeshs lehze se baat karta hai." She was laying on her bed remembering the talk she had with her parents.

Moving towards her left, she looked out of the window. Remembering her talk with her brother.

"Aapi, aap mera saath kabhi nahi chodoge na." Kabir had asked with his pinky towards her. Making her smile and shaking her pinky with his. Making a life long promise to never leave him.

*mai kya karu kabir. He is good and I know that. But I can't marry without you.*

..
..

"Welcome ms jannat. You can go in the room." One of the nurse who knew jannat because of her frequent visit to the hospital said.

She went inside the room, where her brother was sleeping peacefully.

"Ka..kabir." her throat clogged making her eyes watered.

She took his hand in hers and sat there. Looking at his peaceful face.

Doctors had many time suggested to switch off his life support but jannat had faith in her lord that one day he would wake up.

"Mai shadi kar rahi hu kabir. Please apni behen ko maaf kar dena." Keeping her head on their joined hands, she whispered slowly.

..
..

"Bacche usne haa kar di hai. Ab hum bas date fix karenge." Zariya announced happily.

"Ammi uske sath koi zabardasti to nahi hui hai na." Zain asked still skeptical about this marriage.

"Nahi mere bacche. Usne khud se haa kari hai." Sameer assured his son who clutched the table tightly.

"Ammi, aapne bhai ka rishta fix bhi kardiya. Aise kaise. Kahi wo ladki koi gold digger to nahi. Aapne pakka recheck kiya hai na..." ruhab said getting protective of her brother.

"Mera baccha shant hojaye. Aisa kuch nahi hai. Humne pura check kar liya hai. Or wo bohot acchi hai." Zariya assured her daughter and glared at her telling her not to say any other word.

Ruhab looked down at her plate but still thought to check her sister-in-law on her own.

__________________________________

Another twist.

Stay tuned. Will be over soon.