Epilogue

Saniya's POV:-

"Ye sab..sab meri galti hai. Sab m.eri..waj..ah se alag hogaye. Sab barbad kar diya maine..ab mai kya karu. Mai..mai pagal hojaungi......mai kya karu. Sab kuch kharab kar diya maine..." she hiccuped as she tried to take deep breath.

She was pacing in her room after all her cousin went with zain. She was too deep in her regret that shr forgot she have her own family.

Taking out the diary, she sat near the window.

Dear diary,

Here I'm writing my last words to you. If someone finds you, please say my salam to them. I know I'm stupid and I do stupid things. But have you noticed that nobody cared about my choices. I know I did wrong with zain, but did he thought about me too.

If he loved me then he should have thought about my feelings too. But no, he had to propose me in front of many people. I liked him too, but you know who stopped me. My mom and dad. I would have lived with him but then they said that he is not capable of taking care of me. He wouldn't be able to fulfill my wishes. He is not a good man. Then, I started to forget about him. And then there was Qasim, who showed me this new world. Nobody apart from my parents knew that we loved each other. But I think that was a facade too.

As we got married, he tried to force me into having a child. And when for months, I could not conceive then he took me to a doctor who said that I couldn't have a baby.

Then the pain and misery started. His mother and sister would taunt me, laugh at me. And would suggest Qasim to remarry. Making me feel lonely snd cry. Qasim too would laugh and say yes he would marry. And one day, he brought a new wife. Shocking me. His mother, sister and new wife would beat me and would treat me as a maid. Nobody liked my presence. I would tolerate their behaviour but one day, they asked to me move out of their life.

Qasim didn't wanted to divorce, so I had to do something. But I never told them about the Sexual assault and the violenc they had with me.

Now, I don't even have a family. The family I had, is now lost.

I don't wanna live anymore.

Love you all.💓

She kept the diary aside and went inside her washroom to get herself the blade with which she used to shave.

Taking the blade in her hand, she prayed for her family's happiness and slid the razor on her wrist. Hissing, she pressed the cut more as blood oozed out of her wrist.

Smiling at the sky, she closed her eyes. Welcoming death.

..
..

"Bhabhi, mujhe maaf kariyega. Agar saniya ne kuch galti kari hai to use maafi mangni chahiye thi. Uski jagah hum maafi mangte hai. Zain, jannat beta hume maaf kar do." Jasmin and ismael joined their hand in front of them. Not knowing that this was their mistake and not their daughter's.

"Arre chachi. Aap kyu maafi mang rahi hai. Hume aise sharminda na kare. Bas ye hai ke ab hum yaha nahi rehna chahte. Zain ne khud decide kiya hai or unhe ye ghar haunt bhi karta hai to..." jannat kept their joined hand down, and hugged jasmine who was smiling at her bahu.

"Ammi, saniya apna darwaza nahi khol rahi. Pata nahi per mai kabse awaaz laga rahi hu. Wo to khol hi nahi rahi." Ruhab came down huffing. Her words shocked others as they panicked and moved towards her room.

"Saniya...saniya beta darwaza kholo." Sameer knocked rapidly as he got no answer from thr other side.

Ladies were panicking and praying for her. Jannat rubbed Jasmin's arm as her tears were not stopping.