Chapter 20

Tonight and always

"Derek, wait up!" She called as she followed behind him as they made their way back to the trailer. He stopped and looked back to her, smiling wide. "Sorry" he chuckled as he walked back to her. "How are you this okay after heart surgery?" She laughed breathlessly. He just shrugged. "I'm just very happy" he smiled before wrapping his arm around her waist.

She draped her arms over his shoulders, smirking as she pressed her front to his. "And whys that?" She pondered. "Because I've been able to do this for the last 48 hours" he whispered before taking her by sudden surprise and kissing her.

She moaned against him as his tongue demanded entrance. He veered her backwards so she was pressed against a tree, his hand caressing her sides as she gripped his shirt. "Mmm- Derek-" she gasped as she let him consume all her thoughts and feelings, and any sanity or rationality she had left.

"I love you" he whispered against her jawline, giving it a gentle kiss. "I know" she gasped breathlessly as her grip loosened. "Derek-" she whispered. "What is this?" She said as she gently pulled him away.

He stepped back for a moment and looked at her, frowning. "I-" he paused. "I want this, whatever this is. I want something, with you, because you are-" he shook his head in disbelief. "I want you." He finally admitted with a sigh of relief. "I've wanted you for so long"

She looked at him for a moment before smiling. "I want you too" she said quietly as her hand raked through his curls. "I've wanted you from the morning I met you" she admitted truthfully. He grinned at her, then kissed her gently. "So it's official?" He questioned. "It's official. I love you, Derek Shepherd" she grinned as her hands snaked around his neck once more. "And I love you, Meredith Grey"

This time she kissed him passionately, nipping and attacking his bottom lip as her leg hiked around his hip. He groaned, his erection ready and pressing against her. "Trailer" he whispered breathlessly. She pulled away "Wha-" she said. "The trailer's like 5 minutes away" he said again before pulling away.

He quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her with him. She giggled, feeling like a teenage girl, sneaking away with a boy. They soon walked back to the trailer, depositing their bags on the decking before Derek pushed her against the trailer wall.

"I've been dreaming of this since the night at the bar" he whispered as he began kissing her neck. "Mhm- I've never stopped thinking about it" she gasped as he rolled his hips into hers. "I regret not taking up your offer that night" he whispered in her ear, sending shivers down her spine. "This is much better though" she gasped breathlessly. He hummed against the shell of her ear and suddenly she felt electric as she felt the cold air  wrap around her bare abdomen and chest as he pulled away her tank-top.

"I get to remember every tiny detail" he whispered as his thumb gently traced the curvature of her breast. She sighed as she reached for the door and opened it, pulling them inside.

It was an onslaught of clothes being removed as they stumbled to the bed at the back of the trailer before Derek laid her down gently and crawled on top of her. His hands snaked around her body, holding her close as he dropped the straps of her bra, toying with the clasp.

"May I?" He whispered. She nodded quickly before he unclasped her bra with one hand. Oh god. His lips touched her bare breast, enticing a moan as his hands roamed her sides. "Derek" she gasped. His tongue rolled over her nipple before his thumb traced the underside of her breast. "You are simply stunning" he whispered as he moved back up her body and kissing her lips.