Chapter 6: Trying New Talents

——————————🧚🏼——————————

Tink and the other fairies met up with Silvermist at a small waterfall to teach Tink to be a water fairy.

"So, for your first day of water dairy training, I could show you how to make ripples in the pond."

"Okay." Tink agreed.

"Or teach you how to talk to the babbling brook."

"Oh, that sounds fun too."

"Or, wait wait wait. I got it, I got it, I got it!" She flew up towards a spiderweb that had water droplets on it. "Dewdrops on spiderwebs!" She squealed.

She flew back down to Tink and grabbed his arm. "Come on. I'll show you how to do it."

Rosetta, Fawn, Iridessa, and (Y/n) sat on a lily pad to watch.

...

Silvermist and Tink knelt on a lily pad.

"Just cup your hands like this, reach into the water and..." Silvermist showed him a water droplet in her hand. "Okay, you've heard of a dewdrop? This is a don't drop. That's water fairy humor."

"It's good." Tink replied.

Silvermist and Tink flew up to the spiderweb. "Okay, Tink. This part can be tricky. It takes a very steady, delicate hand to..." Silvermist demonstrated by waving her hands along the spider strand, leaving several dewdrops on the web.

Silvermist sighed contently, but when she turned to Tink, she frowned. "Where's your dewdrop?" She asked.

Tink's eyes widened. He didn't realize he was supposed to have had one too. "Oh! Uh...heh heh." He chuckled awkwardly before flying down to the water.

He knelt down on a lily pad and scooped up some water into his hands. "Hey, I did—!"

The water drop popped. "...it..."

"Shake that one off. Shake it off. You can do this!" Silvermist cheered.

Tink glanced over at (Y/n) who gave him a thumbs up, for encouragement.

He scooped up another droplet, and slowly started flying to the web.

"That's it Tink, you're doing it!" Fawn exclaimed. "You're—!"

The droplet popped again.

Tink groaned and flew back.

"Now, Tink, try to..." pop! "No, no, sweetie, you need to..." pop! "Well, maybe if you..." pop!

"Well, you have to admire his persistence..." Iridessa stated, trying to be optimistic.

Pop!

"Tink!"

"Although, sometimes hammers glow..."

Pop!

"...for a reason..." Iridessa reasoned.