Chapter 10: Just in Time

——————————🧚🏼——————————

All the fairies scoured the forest and the beaches for lost things, and gathered them all back at Springtime Square.

"Okay, what have you got?" Tink asked.

"How's this?"

"Will this do?"

Clank held up a paintbrush. "Can you use this fuzzy thing Mr. Tink?"

"Yes!" Tink exclaimed.

Bobble was holding the other end of the brush that didn't have any bristles. "It's not fuzzy." He said.

"Yes it is." Clank corrected.

"No it isn't."

...

Tink sat on the ground and started showing the other fairies to make his inventions. (Y/n) knelt down next to him, and handed him his things.

"Twig...hammer...magnification, please. Thank you." He added one last touch to the contraption and looked up at the other fairies. "And that's how you do it." He finished.

The other fairies got to work copying his inventions.

...

Clank and Bobble were down at the beach and had found a bottle of perfume.

"Now what do you suppose this does?" Bobble asked, putting his mouth on the nozzle and blowing into it.

Clank picked up the squeezer and squeezed it, making perfume spray in Bobble's mouth, making him fly back. Bobble patted his chest and hacked up the perfume.

"You smell funny." Clank commented, picking Bobble up. Clank then looked up and gasped.

Turns out, Bobble had flown back into the music box that Tink had fixed.

"I saw it first." Clank claimed.

"I bumped into it." Bobble argued.

...

Tink and (Y/n) had tied the squeezer of the perfume bottle to the thumb of a glove, and cut openings in the other fingers. They also tied a harmonica to the entrance of a glove.

"So, you just squeeze this, then let it go, and..."

He demonstrated and squeezed the squeezer, which sucked in the nuts through the cut off fingers, and when he released it, only the insides of the nuts flew out of the harmonica.

"See? Simple."

...

Tink and (Y/n) rolled a giant cog over to the paint brush which was being held up by sticks, and attached the cog to the end of the paint brush. Attaches underneath the paintbrush we're several devices used for crushing berries to make paint.

"Okay, so put the berries in, and we'll have plenty of paint in no time." Tink instructed.

The fairies loaded berries into baskets underneath the paintbrush, and when Tink and (Y/n) turned the big cog, the berries were smashed into paint in seconds.