ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙

"Wakey wakey (Y/n)! Rise and shine!" Mysta smiled, shaking my body violently. I groaned, quickly pulling my blanket above my head. It was too fucking early for this. Even after covering up my head, the shakes kept coming until I gave up.

I grabbed my head, "Mysta, it's only like 8 in the morning! Jesus Christ.. Why'd you wake me up?"

"Actually, its 1 in the afternoon. And to answer your question, I'm hungry. So I'm going to need you to cook for me!"

I mentally deadpanned. "Fine, I'll cook breakfast- lunch for you. Just get out of my room so I can change out of my pajamas." I mumbled into my hands. I could practically feel the smile he had on his face, as he walked out the room.

'This man is 22 years old and still can't cook for himself.' I thought, dragging myself out of my den. The cold bathroom tiles sent shivers down my spine once my bare feet touched it. I did my morning routine; brushing my teeth, brushing my hair, etc.

I grabbed a (f/c) hoodie and a pair of sweatpants from my closet, nothing too fancy. I lifted up my shirt, and caught a glimpse of my arms. Full of scars. 'No, no. We're not doing this again (Y/n).' I thought to myself, putting the clothes on.

- - - - -

Flashback - High school first year

The hallways were crowded, as per usual. I stood in front of my locker, grabbing what I needed for the next class. I could hear loud footsteps coming up from behind me, but I continued rummaging through my backpack.

"Hey look who it is! Little Miss (Y/n)." A female voice cackled. Many loud roars of laughter followed after. Seriously, what was so funny about picking on me?

I slam my locker shut, trying to walk past them. But as soon as I do so, the girl who called me "Little Miss (Y/n)" grabbed my wrist. I hissed at the sharp pain, and immediately try to pull my hand back, but to no use.

"Oh? What's this?" She slid down my sleeve.

My eyes widened, "Wait! Please don't—!"

But it was too late. Gasp erupted from among the many people there, as I was finally able to pull my arm back. "You've been cutting yourself?! AHAHAH! Look at her! She's so depressed that she needs to cut herself!" The crowd laughed on.

I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. All I could do was run, run as fast and far away from the school as possible. The tears that were swelling in my eyes started to drip down my chin. Why is humanity so cruel..?

End of flashback

- - - - -

The egg sizzled as I cracked it in the buttered pan. Mysta sat patiently at the counter top, scrolling through his phone while waiting for food.

"Mysta, could you get the toast out the toaster before it burns?" I ask, sprinkling a small amount of salt and pepper on the eggs. I could hear him get up from his seat, and walk over in the kitchen.

Next thing I knew, Mysta had thrown the pieces of toast on a plate and was running around the house yelling, "Hot! The toast was hot!"

"Jesus Christ, Mysta! What the fuck did you expect? It just came out the toaster. I thought a detective would be smart enough to know that." I rolled my eyes, placing the eggs on the toasts.

Mysta being the childish man he is, stuck his tongue out and grabbed a piece of the toast. As soon as the food hit his mouth, his face relaxed. I chuckled, grabbing my own piece.

"Ah, right. Don't you have a stream in a few minutes?" I ask, biting into the piece of bread in my hand.

When I tell you, the man's jaw dropped. "I FORGOT!"

"How the fuck did you manage to forget that? Even I remember!" I grabbed his schedule and shoved it into his chest. "Here, hang this in your wall or something."

"Alright." He grumbled, sitting down on one of the counter chairs once more.

'You know what? I'm gonna make some pizza for dinner.' I thought to myself, opening up the oven. Holy shit I wanted to puke. "MYSTA? WHAT IS THIS?" I shout, pointing at the opened oven. The brown haired male looked over, and bursted out laughing.

There, inside the oven, were what seemed like moldy fish and chips. They must've been there for at least 5 days to get this bad. On second thought, I should just order pizza instead of making it.

"I refuse to clean this up. You're throwing and cleaning this thing out." I shake my head, wondering how it got this bad.

"Meh, I'll do it later." Mysta replied, going back to scrolling on his phone.

I glared at him, "You know as much as I do, whenever you say you'd do it later you do it never."

Mysta strugged, "I pinky swear this time! I'll clean it up!"

I grabbed the now dirty plate, and placed it in the sink for me to wash later. Despite the fact that Mysta could be a pain in the ass, I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world. It was much more funnier having him around anyways.

"I'm gonna get ready for my stream. Thanks for making breakfast!" Mysta beamed, running back upstairs to his room.

I heard the a door close. 'What should I do to pass the time?' I wonder, putting my hand under my chin. A idea struck my head, 'I should go to the nearby cafe! I really need a coffee right now.'

- - - - -

So off to the cafe I went. It wasn't really a long walk, since it was on the next street. The fresh aroma of coffee hit my nose, as I went closer to the counter. I quickly placed my order, and waited patiently for my caffeine.

"Order number #138, (Y/n)!" A female voiced called out, sliding a cup on the counter. I grabbed the cup and thanked her. She gave me a polite smile.

Before she left, I called out to her. "Wait! Uhh... Are you guys by chance hiring?" I mumble, face heating up.

"Sorry, were not at the moment." She gave me a look of pity.

"No worries! Thank you again!" I walked out the cafe. Across the street was a small park, so I decided to stay there for awhile.

I sat down on a small bench. The feeling of guilt crawled up my back. Sure, I was the one doing work around the house, but I still felt guilty as Mysta was paying the rent. I wanted to help, but I didn't have a job. Mysta knew I was looking for one, and he completely understands and tells me to take my time.

A small groan escapes my lips, as I take another sip of my coffee.

- - - - -

The sun was already setting by the time I got back to the house. Mysta was sitting on the couch, once again on his phone. His eyes sparkled when he noticed me.

"(Y/n)! Look at this!" He shoved his phone in my face.

I was a bit taken aback, but slowly read it. My eyes widened, "NIJISANJI is hosting auditions..?"

"ɴᴏᴛ ɪɴ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪɴ ʟɪᴋɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ ɪꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ ᴏꜰ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇꜱꜱ

"ɴᴏᴛ ɪɴ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪɴ ʟɪᴋɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ ɪꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ ᴏꜰ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇꜱꜱ."

-ᴊ.ᴍ ʙᴀʀʀɪᴇ