Chapter 21

"John went home early since we stayed back for the story. "Claire spoke as we walked with Lauretta.

"What was the story about?"Lauretta asked and I revealed the black rose I was holding all along.
She gave an 'o' look as if recollecting.

"Ella who gave you this one, two black roses are in your bag already, "Claire asked.

"Ohh give me that. I'm sorry" I snatched the bag from her and placed it over my shoulder.

"For the flower, Avi gave it to me"I smiled.

"The strange girl?"Lauretta asked, quite surprised.
"Yh" I answered recollecting.

"No frikin way!"Claire dramatically placed her hands on her head.

"She wished you?"Lauretta furthered.

"No, she just told me to take care and that things are going to change. "I said still trying to understand what she said.
I looked up only to see their faces laced with confusion.
"I don't know the meaning too"I shrugged looking at their curious faces.

"Anyways guys, I'm taking a different route from here. Bye"Lauretta bid and went her way.
Now, as I walked with Claire, I looked at her face admiring how her brown hair soothed her features.

"I've always known that there was something strange about that Avi" Claire spoke. I looked at her intently wondering what she might have meant.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know, I just feel she has that type of aura around her"
"Me too" I agreed.
She suddenly stopped, turned to face me fully, and placed her hands on my shoulders. With that she said,

"Ella, don't hesitate to tell me anything okay?"
I nodded.

"So how are you getting with the boys "I asked to change the topic.

"Oh, you mean Alexander? I have a crush on him"What she said made me laugh,

"Like seriously?"

"The rest, I'm not interested. Alexander is so cute and so sweet. He's like a lollipop. And have you paid attention to his eyes? So pure, and gorgeous. Don't get me started on his haiirrrr" she practically fainted cause she was blushing so much and I couldn't stop laughing.

"You should probably write that in your diary" I laughed shaking my head.
"You are my diary "she pouted.

"What about Xander and Ethan" I inquired.

"Ethan is a flirt. Xander is hmm I don't know how to put him but I must say, he is different from the others," she said nudging me on the shoulder. Immediately I understood her gesture, I playfully slapped her.

"Claire" I yelled in disbelief.
"You know what, I'm going home" I turned on my heels and started running in that direction.

"Common! Xander is a perfect match!!!Ella!!!" she yelled crazily as I ran away from her and her 'different' thought.

"You are maaaadd Claireeee! You need help Claireeeee!!"I shouted back in the same manner smiling at how she made random love signs in the air.
"Be careful! It will rain soon. Go, home kid!"I yelled playfully emphasizing the word 'kid' before turning and running home.

---
"Hiiii!"Hannah greeted me  immediately I stepped foot into the house.

"Hannah!"I rushed to hug her.

"They say Africans don't blush but damnnn you are blushing" she shook her shoulders at what she said.

I flicked her forehead."What has gotten into you and Claire?"I shook my head and walked upstairs.