Chapter Four: Made In Maine

"I knew it. I knew it. I knew it." Oshua, Edwin, Alex, Miles, and David were tied to chairs after being captured by a group led by a cyberpunk named Maine. "And that my fellows, is why you don't trust women."

"But she sounded so sincere." David replied

"That's the idea doofus." Oshua replied

"Can it brats! As for you!" Maine approached David, "How did you get your hands on that Sandevistan!? That tech was supposed to be given to me!"

"O-O-O! I know!" Miles replied, "Gloria! Gloria Martinez! She's David's mom! She was supposed to deliver that to you huh!?"

"Huh?" Maine turned his attention to Miles, "And how do you know Gloria, kid?"

"She worked with our dad." Edwin told Maine, "Carter Prime, does that ring any bells?"

"Carter Prime?" Maine replied, "FUCK YEAH! HE USED TO BE A CYBERPUNK BEFORE HE STARTED WORKING AS A SURGEON ASSISTANT AT NIGHT-CITY HOSPITAL!"

"Wait, Dad was a Cyberpunk?" Oshua asked Maine, "He never told us that."

"There's a lot of things that your daddy didn't tell you, boys." Maine replied, "He made sure to tell you boys that he loved you all with all of his heart, soul, and mind, that was how much you fucking boys mattered to him."

"Ok, What's a Cyberpunk?" David asked

"A rogue group that rebels against Arasaka HQ." Alex explained, "Dad told us a little bit about them but none of us knew that he was a Cyberpunk himself."

"He was." Maine replied, "And that's how he died. His past caught up to him and David's mother."

"....That explains something at least." Oshua replied, "So you knew about our dad's death?"

"David's mom too." Maine replied, "The media tried to make it look like a Cyberpsycho killed your folks. But I know the truth. Militech had a lot to do with the death of your fucking parents. Which was why Arasaka paid the media to broadcast their deaths as some freak accident caused by a Cyberpyscho."

"See?" David told Oshua, "I told you Arasaka was fucking bad."

"You told me." Oshua replied, "No need to rub it in my face."

"Now then, lemme introduce you to the crew." Maine told the boys as he untied them one by one. "That's Pilar and that's Kiwi. And you boys have already met Lucy."

"Yeah...She did us in. Imma pay you back for that by the way!" Oshua shouted at Lucy

"Whatever." She replied.

Miles approached Kiwi. "What's up Choom?" She asked him, "Do you like my mask or something?"

Miles didn't say a word until... "Hey Oshua, can you marry Kiwi so she can be my new sister?" Kiwi almost choked on her cigarette. Oshua whacked his youngest naive brother over the head. "What was that for!?"

"Hold on-Hold on- Hold on....Her name is Kiwi?" Edwin snickered, "What kind of a name is Kiwi!?" He burst out laughing before collapsing to the ground.

"I hate kids." Kiwi groaned

"Mister Maine?" Alex called, "So what are you going to do with us?"

"Well..." Maine rubbed his chin, "I was gonna kill ya brats." He said with honesty, "But...I could use some fresh new crew members. Once Dorio comes back from her heist, we'll discuss it further."

"Dorio?" The brothers and David replied, "Like Oreo?"

"You can say that." Maine snickered pervertedly

================================================================================

"Hmm....." When Dorio returned, the tall elegant and muscluar woman examined the boys. "Mmmm-Hmm...Hmm....Where the fuck did you get these kids from? Do you think they have what it takes to become new crew members?" She asked Maine

"Anything's possible baby." He told his girlfriend, "One can use the Sandevistan and the other four are gifted in their own right. Besides, they got nothing. But each other. So why not give'em a new family, and let them demonstrate their love for their said new family?"

".....Good point..." Dorio smirked, "And I got just the mission that'll prove their worth...."