Chapter Nine: Timeline Invasion: The Rise Of David Martinez

"Damn you brats!" It was six months after the deaths of Dorio and Maine. Cinder found herself at a portal that would permanently send her back to her dimension. With The Grimm Fang, Grimm Neo, Grimm Raven, and Grimm Emerald. "I will find a way back to this dimension! And When I do, I am going to extract your upgrade chips one by one!"

"And we'll be waiting." It was around february 14th, 2077. Edwin, Alex and Miles were dealing with Cinder while Oshua, David, and David's new crew were handling a job given by Faraday, the boss that was once over Maine. "Until then...Stay the hell away from our timeline. And our dimension." Alex kicked Cinder back into her dimension after most of her allies had their pockets ran and sent rocketing back to Remnant.

"Whew!" Miles dusted his hands after Cinder was sent packing, "It took a while, but that's finally over."

"For now at least." Alex sighs, "Edwin? Are you okay?"

"Just thinking is all." Edwin replied, "And worrying."

"About David?"

"Yeah. He's been taking on too many upgrades. If he keeps taking on more, he'll become a Cyberpsycho."

"I can help with that." Miles replied, "My upgrades gave me a power boost. With it, I can reconfigure the Cyberpsychosis so it doesn't affect David's brain."

"That could also alter his memory." Alex replied

"We won't know that until I try it out." Miles replied, "Look, we lost Dorio, we Lost Pilar, and We lost Maine. How many more people in this crew do we have to lose!? Because the last person I want to lose is David! He's been like a brother to us, all of us!"

"That's true Miles." Edwin replied, "But how long will he carry the bond we shared in his heart. That bond would have stopped him from getting more cybernetic implants. It hasn't. It's because he wants to live up to Maine's dream. His vision. And to do that, he believes he needs implants to make that happen."

"We tried offering him another solution where it doesn't corrupt his natural sense of thinking." Alex added, "He declined it. With his Sandevistan and his implants, he thinks that's all he needs."

"...But in the process...We could slowly lose our brother..." Miles told Edwin and Alex, "Our friend. Does that sound like something any of us would want?"

"No." Edwin and Alex replied

"But if David wants us to save him", Edwin told Miles, "He first has to save himself. And from the look of things...He's going to be doing that anytime soon."

===============================================================================

"Ha-Hyah-Hum-Hoh! Woah-Hyah!-Wooyah-Hah!" Rebecca was displaying her unloading and loading skills to the residents of Night-City who were out to enjoy the night in the city. Kiwi, three months pregnant, watched with her now husband Oshua and their new Cyberpunk leader David.

"He's got some kick in him." Oshua's ear was on Kiwi's belly, hearing and sensing his first born son's energy. "We must have created a kryptonian while we rocked the night away in the sheets."

Kiwi giggled, "He's got that from your side of the family." She told him

"Oh like you're the pure one." Oshua jokes

"You made me naughty first." Kiwi replied

"Guilty as charged." He grinned, "So David, is Lucy coming back to the team or what?"

"She hasn't given a verdict yet." David replied, "And everytime I ask her why, she just changes the subject."

"That's a woman for you." Kiwi replied