Part 50: A great rescue and swim lessons

Nothing to report really, so let's get into it.

_______

1: 55 P.M.

Satori P.O.V.

We hold our breaths as the footsteps draw nearer, the voices audible now and my heart races with excitement and adrenaline. 

"We've been looking for them for almost an hour. We should just go grab a teacher" Kyou sighs sounding resigned.

"Are you crazy? My dads will never trust me again if the know I let Kana out of my sight!" Hotaru huffs

"They trust you?" Hoshi questions

"Ouuuuuuuch." Hotaru whines dramatically and I notice Kana roll her eyes.

"He's right. My parents trusted me to look after Satori and Riku we can't go to teachers for help." Hato says. 

"Can't we just say they got lost in the crowd while we were showing them around?" I hear Himari ask in a gentle voice.

"No. If Satori really got lost in a crowd, she would fly above it and shout for attention." He says 

'Yeah, sounds like me.'

"What about these rooms why don't we check in here" Hotaru says and I can only assume he's talking about one of the many rooms filled with dangerous hero support items, like the one we're in.

"No, those rooms are always locked." Hato says and I can imagine my white- haired brother shaking his head.

"You underestimate us." Himari and Kyou say at the same time, and we all freeze before scrambling away from the door and up the locker.

We all clamber into the vent as quietly as possible, Kana pulls the grate shut and we all move away from it.

"Shoot, Kana your glove." I murmur and she looks down at her hands to see she's still wearing the buttered latex glove on her right hand before whipping her head around to pear through the grate covering the opening to the vent.

She jerks back and I peek out of the vent and see Kyou and Himari standing in the middle of the room. Himari flicks on the lights and we pull back.

Kyou unlocks and opens the door allowing Hotaru, Hato and Hoshi to step inside, surveying the room. 

"They were definitely here." Hotaru says bending down to pick up Kana's glove from inside the ring of candles.

"What's with candles?" Himari questions

"And the blood covered dagger?" Kyou adds and Hotaru sighs.

"Kana has developed this obsession with witches recently." He says 

"Obsession? OBSESSION?!" Kana mouths an outraged expression on her face.

"We should get going." I mouth not daring to actually speak, knowing Kyou will probably hear us if we do.

Riku pokes his head out from behind Kana and a feather flies past Kana, behind me and I see it pointing to the left as I turn around.

I slide on my pant covered knees using my hands to pull me along, not daring to pick them up for the risk of getting caught is still there as I take in short, shallow breaths.

We turn the corner one at a time and I hear the tiniest squeak of latex against metal and whip my head back to stare at Kana. We all freeze waiting for something, anything to happen.

I feel my heart racing in my chest weather that's with excitement or adrenaline I can't tell, all I know is that I'm either going to scream or punch someone, if they startle me that is.