Part 74: We miss them

So I just realized how many pieces of the plot are beginning to knot together and I don't think I have the proper brain capacity to follow all this; also, my twin's sunburn is a bit better and she's back to her own room.

_______

12: 22 A.M.

Akihiro P.O.V.

I sigh as I get up from my bed to pace my room again, right as my walkie talkie clicks on and Yuni's voice comes out scratchy through the speaker "I think Hato and Harue might've been right,"

"About what?" Tori asks.

"Yeah?" Harue echoes

"Remember the weekend before last, after the movie marathon?" She asks and everyone choruses their agreements even though that seems like a million years away at this point "Well, Harue went into depth off of something Hato said, and it when along the lines of Aki and Ari helping the cops and pros uncover an illegal plot but the authorities don't know it's them because they wear masks or something."

"What are you saying?" I ask slumping back down on my bed images of Aki flashing through my mind from that night seen through Hoshi's memory, how she looked like she'd been exercising, how Ari had to have been awake enough to go investigate the noise she caused, how pale she looked.

"I'm saying that I was pulled in for an interrogation because the police have reason to believe that I or someone with a similar power and physical shape as a similar power to me and my Mom is part of a vigilante duo who have uncovered an illegal project obsessed with the same thing some scientist our parents fought or fought again back in the day." 

"Ha! So, I was right, Eiji owes me fifty bucks for that," Harue cackles through the line but it does nothing to loosen the stifling tension in my chest.

I hear a knock on my door and realize it's too late to turn off the light and pretend to be asleep as it creaks open slowly to reveal, "Kyou" I breath as she walks over too me on quiet feet.

She wipes the tears off of my cheeks bringing me to the realization that I'm crying, I don't even know why, maybe that's the reason because I'm feeling so much that my I don't understand so I cry instead, Kyou wraps her arms tightly around me as I tuck my face into her collar bone.

"Shhh, it's going to be okay; it's all going to be okay in the end, you'll see. Things have a way of working themselves out in the end, you'll see." She murmurs, and I feel my bed dip to the side as a large, white wing wraps around my shoulders

"But what if they don't?" I ask, I hate the way my voice sounds or how emotionally constipated I feel, like it's all just clogging up my chest no matter how hard I try to get it out.

"Then I'll have Hato fly me up to the library of destiny and rewrite that shit myself, okay?" She says stubbornly as she pulls back as I nod. She sits on my right side as we go back to listening to the rest of the gang smoothing out the details for this hunch, and all the information we still need to fill in the holes.

I feel Hato wrap and arm around my shoulders to match his wing as he presses his cheek to the crown of my head I sigh as I press into his side, swallowing thickly as I listen to Kimi, Yuni and Harue going back and forth as I begin to doze off, trusting Hato and Kyou to take care of this.

_______

3:08 P.M.

Akira P.O.V.

I sigh as Ari and I climb through the portal, going to a different city was way more exhausting than assumed it would be, we ran into more vigilantes than usual, they mostly kept to themselves, and we're all out of petals so I'm going to have to dry more flowers and I still have to fix Ari's mask, but first I need to change.