Part 42: Keep her?

My twin won't stop talking about Jess [her girlfriend] and it's driving me insane because she can't talk to anyone else, I'm actually contemplating getting her a journal so that she can keep all her cheesy thoughts in that.

_______

3: 30 P.M.

Akira P.O.V.

The image on the wall flickers before cutting off as Lunabella falls to the ground. Ari is by her side immediately as I crouch down to check on her as well. 

"How do you feel?" I ask calmly

"Bad. My head hurts" she says raking her hands across her scalp. "It'll go away soon" she reassures as Ari presses a hand to her back.

Lunabella shivers at Ari's touch and moves away sitting up "It's gone." she states standing up 

Ari stares at me crimson eyes piercing through my skull, and I can tell there's something she want to talk about.

I sigh and nod to the far corner of the room as Ari stands and skips over there. I shake my head and walk over to Lunabella who's standing by herself, chewing on her thumbnail [which I'm assuming is a nervous habit] with a thousand- yard stare. I hold out my hand so it's hovering just above her shoulder, and she startles out of her trance.

"Yes?" 

"Come here." I call and walk her over to the computer clicking a couple of things and soon music starts playing. I pull a pair of noise canceling headphones out of nowhere and connect them to the computer before placing them over Lunabella's head she looks around confused as if she can't tell what's going on.

I walk back over to Ari but before she can start talking, I hold up a hand and pull out the phone we use to call the pros or Tsuki. I press Tsuki's contact picture, which is just one of those scales you always see lady justice carrying, on a white background.

It rings twice before he pics up "Isn't it too early for you?" he asks

"Normally I would say yes but Kurenai and I found their headquarters, I'm assuming you know who I'm talking about. Either way you should send a couple of pros, tons of police vans and maybe seven or ten of those evidence vans oh and Nezu too. He's going to want to be a part of this." I say not giving him a chance to speak "K, thnx, bye." I say before hanging up and pocketing the phone.

"You should've talked to me before calling the pros" Ari pouts 

I sigh "Listen I know it's not your fault and you had no way of knowing this but if you had just let us come here a day or two earlier Lunabella wouldn't be the only one left" I say my voice cracking with guilt and emotion and the overwhelming feeling that I could've stopped this.

"Ruri you wouldn't have been able to save them, if we didn't have our dart guns, we probably would've had to resorted to using our quirks more than we already have and the cameras would've caught all of it. We needed those extra days." Ari says seriously. 

"Not the point" I say brushing off the topic "What did you want to talk to me about?"

"Right well, can we keep Lunabella" she asks looking at her feet.

"Keep her?" I ask incredulously "We just meet her; she's already been though a lot. We're vigilantes for Gaia's sake she shouldn't have to live in a household where she doesn't know if we're going to be there in the morning or not. We lived through that, remember? I know we were just kids, but I remember you climbing to my bed sobbing on more than one occasion asking me if they were really going to be home in the morning." I say old emotions trickling through the dam they were carefully placed behind and rushing to the surface.