The Illness.

The harsh winds whip through the ancient earth kingdom ruins that team avatar find themselves sheltered in. Earlier today, Aang had to have Appa make an emergency landing as Sokka has taken ill. The young firebender does his best to stew the evening meal that Katara had begun to prepare as she takes care of her brother. Meanwhile Aang only watches, not knowing what to do as he nor any other air nomad that he met had ever been sick. Zuko mixes in some salt before putting the lumps of smoked fish that he had in their pack into the stew. After a few moments, he ladles it into a couple small bowls and hands them to the others.

"I don't know if you can eat fish Aang, so I made your bowl before adding it to the pot." Zuko says offering him the gold colored soup that has leaks, potatoes and other vegetables floating in it. "How is he?" He asks, offering Katara the bowl for herself and for Sokka.

"He's got a fever, he's also sweating and coughing pretty bad... he's also delusional." Katara responds before she too starts to cough slightly. "Oh that's not good."

"That's how Sokka started yesterday." Aang announces jumping to his feet with concern present on his face. "And now look at him! He thinks he's an earth bender!"

"Aang, calm down, you don't need to be loud. Katara, you need to lay down Sokka got this sick very fast after he started coughing yesterday." Zuko cautions, taking her bowl from her hand and having her lay against Appa's legs. "Aang I need you to stay here and take care of them. I'm going to see if I can find that apothecary we passed as we flew in."

"What's an apothecary?" The young airbender asks, taking a seat next to Sokka and offering the water tribe warrior something to eat.

"It's an herbalist that mixes medicines and remedies for pain. Mind if I use your glider?" Zuko asks, walking towards the entrance of the cave. However, as he picks up the mahogany shaft of the glider, a lightning strike and thunder crack echo through the ruins. "Nevermind then. I'll be back soon."

"There's firenation patrols in the area, do you need a disguise or anything?" Katara says before she begins to cough again.

"I'll bring my swords but I'm going to try to stay away from the main roads but I might not have a choice. I'll be using Aang's running technique he's been teaching me." He responds before collecting his swords. He walks back to the entrance of the cave before taking a few deep breaths and taking off. Sprinting faster than any normal man could run, he uses airbending to increase his speed, he covers the half mile from the top of the mountain and old ruins to the road in a few seconds.

"I still think he should have used a disguise." Katara says before she puts on her sleeping bag and curls up on Appa's leg.

Through the undergrowth and ruins, Zuko sprints through the countryside heading towards the apothecary a few miles from where they're staying. The previous night, he had gone out on a scouting mission and discovered that Zhao had a change in orders and a change in rank. At a nearby garrison, Zhao had arrived at the legendary Yuyan Archers' training facility and military garrison. During a conversation with the colonel in charge of the base, Zhao had requested use of the archers but was denied, however this would take a turn when a messenger hawk bearing a black ribbon arrived. The message it was carrying was direct from his father, and it promoted Zhao to Admiral status and said that the capture of Zuko was of top priority. Zuko himself didn't stay long enough to hear the rest of what Zhao was reading, nor could he see it from his vantage point. Now with irrefutable evidence that his father wants him captured, he's at a loss for what to do. Part of him believes he should let himself get captured so he can return home but the other believes that he should master the elements and return home a fully realized avatar in order to regain his honor.

As his internal thoughts distract him, he doesn't realize he blew past an outpost guard tower. When he hears the horn signaling an alert, he knows he's been spotted. "Agni Damnit." He curses under his breath before picking up speed and rounding through the mountain headed for the apothecary. Sprinting up through the stairs into the apothecary entrance, Zuko slows himself as he gets through the doorway. Around him potted plants and herbs hang and sit on pedestals and tables on the far side an old decrepit woman stands watering a plum blossom plant with a bearded cat nearby. "Are you the apothecary?" Zuko asks, slightly out of breath from the 10 mile run he covered in a few minutes.