Chapter 18: Polybotes dun F-ed up

Percy's POV:

Well my expedition into scavenging the old Roman camp proved fruitful. Hundreds if not thousands of weapons, a war chariot, and numerous sets of armor. And the best part is. We have time to load all on Mi ship to take back. Though I'm not giving up the eagle standard. Not yet anyway.

Also in good news, Alcyoneus is dead and Frank and Hazel survived. Also apparently, according to Thanatos, Hazel isn't listed as an escaped soul. Though Thanatos wanted to call hades to make sure. Somehow he was convinced not to. I wasn't there so it's all second hand information.

Once I got back to my ship, I got out the two remain life boats I have and returned to shore where Arion, Frank and Hazel were helping me strategically transfer equipment to alternative locations. That alternative location ultimately being new Rome but first it must get onto my ship.

Hazel and Frank wanted to leave the damaged stuff behind but I reminded them metals can be reforged into something. Plus I still need some form of payment for the usage of my ship but they don't need to know that. My ship doesn't work for free after all...unless it's for milady or mom.

It took three round trips with both of my remain life boats to get every thing on board, and a quick trip from Arion to get Frank Hazel and the war chariot on board.

"What are we going to do with all this" Hazel asked. "We can't get it all back in one trip and Arion is tired as is" she said hand Arion a breast plate the had a giant gash through it. Arion seemed to enjoy the metal.

"We load the chariot with what is useful and usable now." I said, "the. After the battle half of what remains will be transferred to the legion while the other half covers maintenance for my ship"

"You can't determine that" Frank said

"Is the spoils not being transferred to new Rome by my ship. Which despite its appearances is in need of maintenance, as it should have taken us a week instead of two days to get from San Francisco to Hubbard glacier"

"It should have taken a week" Hazel asked

"Yes children of Poseidon or well Neptune as well for that matter can control most watercraft and push them past their normal limits. My ship should be fine. But it is in need of maintenance, and if it's to be used for questing again considerable reinforcement. The laistrygonians nearly sank us if it weren't for my water powers"

Frank seemed to understand at that. "Plus what I will be leaving here would be effectively scrap metal. Very valuable scrap metal but scrap metal nonetheless."

"Ok fine. I do suppose it would be unfair of the legion to use such a ship without covering for its maintenance required from its services" Frank relented.

"Finally starting to understand the sea talk, I don't know nor care how many times great grand nephew"

By the time our conversation was over Hubbard Glacier wasn't even in sight and we were sailing south towards new Rome.

Time skip: hehehe

We should have arrived at San Francisco bay sometime between 8 and noon. But no Gaia had somehow acquired a singular navy ship. And for the past three hours I've been engaged in a naval battle. I guess Gaia learned from her son's mistakes. The only problem is not that her navy isn't modern or anything like that. No it's old school triremes and they are small and fast. The only good thing is that if my cannons were aimed properly. I could take two or three down in a single volley. The bad thing is her fleet is like a combinded Greco Persian fleet during the Persian wars.

So far I'm pretty sure my ship sank around 400 ships. Thanks Hephaestus I negotiated unlimited ammunition for my ship with him. Frank sank another ten as a whale. Though he's pretty bruised up right now. Arion though is being comforted by Hazel below deck and Ella is reciting navy battle facts. Some of which were actually helpful.