38

Deciding to not question Lisa about how she knows I have a boyfriend, I bite my tongue and just stand there, back pressed against the door.

"You're mine, Jennie Kim."

"Newsflash, Lisa, I'm not yours." What is this? 365 Days? I'm a free woman and I don't belong to anyone. I challenge her with my eyes, daring her to contradict me. She remains mute and takes a few steps back, no longer caging me. I release a breath I didn't know I was holding and fall to the ground with my knees tucked in my hands.

"We should get going. The other are probably worried."

She nods wordlessly and stretched out her hand. I take it without hesitation and give a little smile. "Don't forget what I said, Jennie."

Jennie? That's a first because she usually calls me Kim or Princess.

"We're on first name basis now?"

She doesn't say anything, but I see a hint of smile as she unlocks the door and leaves me alone in the empty room.

I should go home.

Seriously, I'm exhausted, many thanks to Lisa, and hungry. I had a few Tortilla chips here and there along with soda (it wasn't spiked) but it's not a home cooked meal or McDonalds.

Lisa and I split up with no questions asked, she went back to the table where Nancy was anxiously waiting for her. The others had left to God knows where and she was demanding what we were doing that took so long.

Lisa looked annoyed to the core, and I almost choked on laughter. In fact, I almost went over to her to tell some sort of lie just so I'd see her head explode but thought I'd give her a break. She's been through enough today.

They party is showing no signs of slowing down as I make my way downstairs. The music is still turned up a notch, and the alcohol is still flowing freely.

I swear, the red ups on the floor doubled in size in my memory serves me right. My eyes scan the area looking for any sign of Rosé or Jisoo. I want to go home, and I can't leave without Rosé because she's my ride.

"Rosé, where are you?" I pass a couple who are making out in the middle of the living room and my nose scrunches up in disgust. This house is literally filled with rooms. Might as well go make out or do the nasty in one of them.

I send a quick text to Rosé, asking her where she is. Her reply is almost immediate and she says she's in the garden.

"Just great."

I meander outside, shoving teenagers in the process while saying 'excuse me', 'sorry', and 'can you move the fuck away from the door'. In my defense, I'm irritated, so my cursing at random strangers who may or may not be my classmates, is justified.

Taking a breath of fresh air, I walk to the pool area in hopes of trying to find the garden so I can grab Rosé, press her on the details of her evening with Jisoo and go home. It's a sprawling property, the possibility of me getting lost is higher than Nancy leaving Lisa.

I stop and ask a few people if they know where the garden is but they're too drunk or too high to care. I feel a hand tap on my shoulder and whip my head. "Hey, Jen."

"Hey Suga. Haven't seen you around in a while." Truth be told, I really haven't seen him around Winterwood. On Thursday, I asked Seulgi if he showed up at school but she said he's been out sick all week.

The Suga in front of me does not look sick at all. In fact, he looks healthier than a horse and he has on his megawatt smile.

Something's up.