24. part of me

"We're on the same page."

That statement carried a massive weight tonight. I was admitting to myself and to Sébastien himself that we were indeed in sync when it came to us. No one was imagining things, we really were all in when it came to what we had between us.

And he seemed as happy as me that we had gotten that doubt out of the way early in the night.

* * *

It only hit me that I had never seen where Sébastien had been living in London, the moment he opened the door of his house for me. The one bedroom flat screamed luxury, from the expensive looking furniture to the fancy painting on the walls. But then again, a one bedroom flat in Kensington, with a view to Holland Park, in Central London, was a luxury on its own accord.

"Can I take your coat?" He asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"Of course." I pursed my lips together, and let them curl up into a smile, before removing my coat and handing it to him.

He placed it on the wrack behind the front door and returned to where he was, next to me. His own black coat now gone, too.

"I had never seen where you live." I echoed my thoughts out loud. "I thought you were staying at a hotel or... something."

A blond wave of his hair fell off his head, cascading down his forehead, almost covering his blue eyes.

"This isn't my apartment, it's my friend's. He's been away and he's let me stay here as long as I need."

"Nice."

After putting my purse down on the marble island, I took a couple of steps towards the closest window. Being a tall building, I could see the twinkling lights of the city from the third floor. A few short minutes later, I could feel Sebastien's hot breath on my neck. He'd crossed the room and met me by the window, his scent becoming a constant.

"Do you want a drink?" The French accent was there, and I loved how it sounded so faint, as his voice almost gave in when he whispered in my ear.

I did want a drink. This is my first night out in a very long time, and I wanted as many drinks as he'd offer. But I also wanted to stay sober for the rest of the night, because I wanted to remember it for a lifetime.

"A glass of wine would be great."

"Red or white?"

"You pick." I lifted my shoulders in a shrug before following him back into the kitchen and taking my seat on a tall stool that stood around the island, while watching him as he grabbed two large wine glasses and filled them with red wine from what looked like an expensive bottle.

We remained in comfortable silence for a while, just enjoying every sip of wine that we took whilst enjoying each other's company.

"Lexi is my priority." I said, out of the blue, and breaking the silence.

"Pardon?"

I was itching to have this conversation with him and see how serious he was about us, and at the same time showing him how serious I was. I didn't have the luxury of time to spend playing chase. He either wanted me or not, and if he did, he'd have to be serious about me and commit. I wasn't in the prime of my twenties, looking for someone to have fun with and keep me company when I needed or vice versa. I wanted a commitment, a promise that he'd build something with me.

"You need to understand that. Lexi will always come first, it's not debatable and it's not going to change."

"I know that." The way he said it, he sounded almost offended, as if I'd accused him of something.