Prologue: Some strange new friends

The sun was high in the sky signaling that it was midday, the streets of the neighborhood were empty except for the few neighbors leaving for work. The sounds of birds singing and childish laughter could be heard throughout the silence.

The Park, has two swing sets one for kids under the age of 6 and one for kids over the age of 6, a metal see-saw, and two jungle gyms for children of different ages. A large sandbox.

In that sandbox sat a young girl by the name of Claire Regan, a six-year-old girl silently enjoying making different piles of sand while her mother sat by the benches, scrolling through her phone to pass the time, Claire liked going to the park almost always begging her mom to take her to the park to have some fun with the other kids.

In the past month two families have moved into the cozy neighborhood, and both families had children around Claire's age. Claire was sitting in the sandbox and starts to build a sandcastle with the piles of sand that she made. Suddenly, one pile of sand was knocked down by a little unlaced shoe.

Claire looked up to the culprit to find a little girl wearing jeans shorts with an orange shirt covered in pink flowers. This girl was at least four or five years old. "Hey, you can't do that," Claire angrily said to the little girl, while she just looked at Claire.

"Tie shoe", The girl basically demanded. Stomping her foot closer to Claire.

"No, go tie your own ugly shoe!" Claire raised her voice slightly towards the little girl, continuously getting more and more angered.

"No, you ugly shoe!" The little girl yelled, kicking sand at Claire, the sand handed only on Claire's dress. This caused Claire to lose what little reason left to not hit the little girl but before she could raise a hand to smack the little girl in the face, an annoyed voice sounded far behind the little girl.

"Evangeline, stop messing with her!" Looking around the little girl,now dubbed Evangeline, Claire saw two older boys one who looked like Evangeline, he had short very curly hair that flopped around as he walked toward the two young girls, he wore a red shirt, dark blue jean shorts with an orange hoodie draped around his waist, and the other one was over a darker completion, like Claire, he had poofy hair styled back into a low ponytail, he wore a green hoodie and black jeans shorts, they both looked around six or seven.

"She call sho ugly!" Evangeline said, pointing at Claire accusingly.

"It's 'She called MY shoes​​ ugly'," the boy in red said looking at Evangeline slightly annoyed.

"And they are ugly", the kid in green said in a monotoned voice, Evangeline looked at him with horror in her eyes, "that face makes you look ugly too" the kid in green spoke again.

"Eh! You so mean Zacky imma tell mama on you!" Evangeline said running towards a bench that held two ladies chatting ever so politely with each other.

"Don't worry she'll get distracted halfway through" the boy in red said, when all three of them looked to find Evangeline, they can see her stop halfway towards the ladies because a small yellow butterfly flew past her and started to follow it.

"Wow" The boy in green said, looking back to the two, "Ugly and dumb," the boy and green said with the same monotoned voice, as the boy in red laughed.

"Uh, Thank you," Claire said, shying away ever so slightly.

"No problem! I'm Eren, and this is my best friend Zack!" The boy in red, Eren said while pointing to the boy in green, Zack.

"Oh, I'm Claire, it's nice to meet you both, would you like to be friends with me?," Claire asked hopefully, Eren and Zack looked at each other and then back to Claire, eren nodding his head so fast he could get a whiplash while Zack shrugged nonchalantly.

"How old are you two? I'm 6" Claire spoke proudly.

"We are both 7.." Zack stated, Eren nodding once more.

"Oh come on, how come you two get to be older!" Claire complained

"Don't worry, I'm the oldest" Eren said shoving his thumb into his chest flamboyantly, while smiling from ear to ear.

"By a day" Zack added with a slight bit of annoyance in his voice.

"Yeah whatever you want, either way, I'm older than you", Eren spoke with a smug face. Poking his finger into zacks shoulder repeatedly, "I'm also taller" Eren continued, getting more and more smug as he went on.

"Only by an inch, dingus" Zack says flicking eren in the forehead to make him stop poking his shoulder.

"Owww", Eren said exaggeratedly

"You two ar' like twins" Claire says, her accent starts to become more prominent, Zack and Eren both nod in agreement.

"So," Claire says, holding a bucket half full of sand, "Want to play with me?"

​​​​​​​