Chapter Six: From Honnoji Students To Cyberpunks

"Miles?" Carter called his son: "Miles? Are you there?"

"Yeah." Miles replied: "I'm here dad."

"I gotta call from your school. You've been missing there for a few days. Is Alex with you?"

"Yeah. He's recovering." Miles told his dad: "I'm sorry dad. I didn't-We didn't mean-"

"Whatever is going on, know that you boys have my support." Carter told his sons, putting Alex and Miles's baby brothers to bed: "The apple doesn't fall far from a tree. I know you boys are going to be alright wherever you are. Just remember...No matter what happens...You boys will always have your family. Understand?"

".....Yeah." Miles shedded tears: "Dad? I'm scared."

"I know, son." Carter told him: "But in life, you must grow strong. Because only the strong survive. And you...Miles Sengoku Griffin....Are strong. I love you my son. Tell Alex when he wakes up...That I love him. When you boys are ready...Come on home."

"Love you dad." Miles replied: "Bye." Miles hung up while Alex was still recovering from- "!? Alex!?"

"Was....Was that dad?" It had to be a dream. Alex had a few more days before he was fully functional. It must have been the Zenkai Boost kicking in, healing Alex before the time appointed: "What did he say? Where are we?"

"We're at Cyberpunk Hunters Headquarters." It was just that. A headquarters that was hidden underground: "Dad said that he loved us, Honnoji is looking for us, we've been missing from school for a couple days, and we're not going back there anytime soon."

"What-Why the hell not?" Alex replied

"Because I said so." Uzumi entered the healing room: "And it's because of our tech that your fucking ass is functional. You're welcome."

"And who are you supposed to be?" Alex asked Uzumi

"My name is Uzumi." She replied: "And I told your brother that he's not going back there. Neither are you-"

"Who are you to tell my brother what to do?" Alex asked Uzumi: "Honnoji is our school, our dad worked hard to get us in there. And you're telling us that WE can't go back-"

"You don't get how serious this is, do you!?" Uzumi replied: "That school is nothing but a set-up, a trap! Do you even know why that school exists!? So Ragyo can use the students there as experiments! Just like her workers!"

"Ragyo? Who the hell is Ragyo?"

"She's Satsuki's mom." Miles replied

"Oh yeah..." Alex replied: "Satsuki! She's looking for me! I'm dipping-I have to-"

"No." Uzumi replied: "You cannot trust Satsuki. She is the daughter of the enemy. The same enemy that has caused despair to people all over!-"

"Hasn't that been done by the hands of others?" Alex asked: "Listen, I dunno what you programmed in my brother's head, but we're leaving. Thank you for your-"

"No." Miles replied: "No. We can't leave Alex."

"And I ask again: Why The Hell Not!?"

==========================================================================

"And you didn't tell me this?" Alex's finger tapped on his bicep, hearing what his brother was telling him: "Can I ask why?"

"I told him to keep it to himself." Uzumi told Alex: "I told him that he was my eyes and ears-"