Exposed

Alex

When I got a call from Phillip anger rushed through my body. I knew it, I didn't trust Lori from the moment she stepped into my place and now here I was rushing on a flight back home.

Phillip said that on the security footage, Lori was leading a man through the apartment and he was carrying Dakota who was lifeless. They drugged her, I was upset to find out that they went to the Crater Club because I gave Dakota specific directions not to, but I figured that was Lori's doing.

I walk into the apartment building with my jaw clenched. Lori and the man were seen going through all my stuff and at this moment all I wanted to do was hold Dakota.

As soon as my foot hit the step I heard scuffling and scattering. A chuckle eluded my body and I began to feel hot. When I reached the top, Lori was standing in the hallway smoking.

"You're back early." I side eyes her and moved past her without a word. When she saw me walking towards the room, she scrambled to her feet. "Where are you going?"

"To my room, this is my building, isn't it? If not than I need to have a word with the man that's been missing out on his duties for so long."

"Eli, wait!" I stop walking just to see what lie this woman is going to come up with. I turn to her and she walks towards me.

"I didn't want to tell you this, but Dakota's cheating on you. When you walk through that door, you'll find her there with another man. I didn't say anything because she is my sister." I stare into Lori's eyes and I can tell she's lying. She stares into mine, trying to figure out my next move.

"Lori. I just got off of the plane from a really long flight. I've attempted to so
Much business and have dealt with so many people, to now when someone's lying. The fact that you find it necessary to throw your sister under the bus, your own flesh and blood, is repulsive. I have this place and Dakota under 24/7 surveillance. I know what happened."

Moving past her, I leave her there with her mouth practically on the floor. She had no comeback, Lori was finally caught in her act.

Opening the door to my room, I found a man sitting at my table and when his eyes looked up, he too was frozen. "What is with everyone? Am I the male version of Medusa? Are there snakes coming out of my head?"

Dropping my suitcase, I go to the bedroom where Dakota is. She was just starting to wake up and I sat there at her feet. "A-Alex?" She was weak. "What are you doing here?"

I run my fingers through her hair and stroke her cheek with my thumb. I stare into her grey eyes and almost become lost in them. I didn't want to lie to her, but at the end of the day that is her sister and I didn't want to be the man that pulled them apart. "You were slipped a gateway drug at the club."

"What?" She tries to get up, but I shake my head.

"Lay down, rest. I got here as soon as I could."

"What about work?"

"I'll deal with it. Now rest." She closes her eyes and I fight back tears. I hated to see her like this.

Leaving the room, I come into the living room to find Lori and the guy talking, but they stop as soon as they see me. "You." I point to the guy.

"Me?" I nod.

"Who are you? Matter of fact I know who you are before you even tell me. So, if I were you I'd be real careful about my words." He tries to smirk a look of satisfaction, but fear runs through his eyes.

"We know where you live now, Alex. Why don't you just give up?" I look at him, unmoved.

"You think you know me based of what your boss has told you?" He stands up straight with confidence.