chapter 5

"As stated in the acceptance letter, you will start your internship today for the next three months. Like other employees, you have to come in at 7 a.m. and leave at 4 p.m. Don't forget to sign in every day, I'll tell you where and how. For now, you will be taken on a tour to see the company." 

After hearing the explanation from the HRD, Kongpob and Olive now walked around the company, looking at each department that would later become their internship site. 

After the tour, they didn't get to work right away. They had to meet with the Manager Mr. Khao, who would be their field supervisor, and explain what they would be doing. Since the manager was in a meeting, Kongpob and Olive were invited to wait in the staff room.

"You're the new interns, right? From which university?" asked one of the staff members approaching them.

"We're from X University, sir," Kongpob replied kindly.

"Don't call me sir, I feel old. I just graduated last year and immediately started working here."

"Henry, don't bother the interns, we still have a lot of work to do. Can you please give this to Ms. Vini?" A man who was older than them approached.

"Yes, sir." said the man named Henry. Kongpob and Olive just smiled while nodding slightly to the senior in front of them.

"Are you the new interns? I'm Supha, the warehouse admin. Can you help me in the warehouse later? Just one person is fine. After you talk to Mr. Khao?" The senior asked.

"Yes sir, we'll be there later." Olive replied.

Mr. Khao entered the room 10 minutes later, followed by three others. Kongpob and Olive who saw the scene immediately stood up from their seats and intended to introduce themselves before Mr. Khao said, "It's okay, sit down. I still have something to do. Let's talk after the lunch break, okay?"

"Yes, sir. But first, Mr. Supha asked us to help him in the warehouse, so shall we-" 

Before she could finish her sentence, Mr. Khao had already answered Olive's question. "Sure, go ahead. Help Mr. Supha first, then after the break, we'll talk, ok?"

After getting permission from Mr. Khao, Olive packed her bags and prepared to leave, but not with Kongpob. Kongpob's attention was drawn to the person walking behind the manager. 

Kongpob couldn't be wrong; even if his mind was filled with that person these days, there was no way he could mistake someone else for him. 

He couldn't be working at this company either, right?

"Kong.. Oi Kongpob!" called Olive, tapping Kongpob on the shoulder.

"Ah yes? Sorry, Olive."

"Let's go."

They walked towards the warehouse mentioned. After being taken around earlier, both of them had memorized the route to the place, even though they occasionally went in the wrong direction.

"Kong.."

"Yes?"

"That person.. is the same person we met in front of the gate a few days ago, right?" It turned out that Kongpob was not mistaken.

"Yes, he is."

"Do you know him? Did you get into this company through him?"

"He's an old acquaintance. No, I don't know that he also works here."

Arriving at the warehouse, Mr. Supha approached the two of them and immediately told them what to do.

"Have you finished talking to Mr. Khao? Which department will you be placed?" Henry, who had gone off to do his work, had now returned.