chapter 16.3

After getting approval from his family, Kongpob did everything he had said, he even do more.

When Arthit's internship was about to start, Kongpob helped find a place for Arthit, making his family doctor take care of Arthit, as well as taking care of Arthit's mom when Arthit was unable to.

Fortunately, his mom was comfortable with Kongpob's presence. They even got along quickly. Every time Arthit came to visit his mom, she would only talk about Kongpob. She always compares Arthit with Kongpob, even to the point of asking Arthit to behave like him. Arthit felt like his mom love Kongpob more than him now.

Every day Kongpob would bring breakfast, tidy up the room, and do other things that Arthit could do himself. Arthit never asked for any of that but his junior insisted.

Arthit wasn't unhappy, he was actually helped by Kongpob. Arthit just felt bad, he knew that Kongpob was also busy with his studies and all. Entering his second year in college, there were more practical courses and more assignments. What if he got sick? His junior should be more concerned about himself.

But Arthit, with that mouth of his, could not say his worries properly. His words only showed that he was bothered by the presence of Kongpob which made his junior immediately return to his room. But it was okay, as long as his junior was resting, Arthit didn't mind being misunderstood.

Arthit felt lucky to be doing his internship at this company. Although he has only been working for three weeks, he has learned a lot. Things that were never taught in college, he learned in this place. 

The people that Arthit met were also nice. Although Arthit knew there were one or two people who were curious about his condition, they never made him uncomfortable. As Kongpob said, there was no special treatment he received. Everyone is treated the same. 

Even though Arthit receives wages from his internship, he still accepts work whenever an alumnus needs his help. Arthit could still do it in the evenings after his internship. 

Everything was going smoothly, until the thing that Arthit feared the most happened.

One day, when he was preparing to go home, his junior called him. Arthit still remembers the first thing his junior said was, "P', please don't panic." Then the next sentence, "Mom... your mom is no longer with us."

That day was the worst day of Arthit's life. Although he didn't want to admit it, Arthit himself had expected it to happen. 

The reason was that his mom's condition was getting weaker by the day. Arthit even gave his mom everything she wanted the past few days because he was worried it would be the last time. Arthit didn't think it would happen so soon.

Arthit felt upset, why wasn't he one by his mom's side until her last breath? Why was it his junior who accompanied her?

Arthit has been confined to his room for several days since that day. He still went to his internship, he just didn't want to see anyone after that.

Kongpob was worried about his condition, he didn't know if his senior was eating, or taking good care of himself. The senior also ignored Kongpob's messages or calls. It's not that Kongpob didn't understand Arthit's sadness, but if it continued like this, Kongpob was worried that his senior would be sick.

"P'..  have you eaten? Please open the door." Kongpob said from outside the room. He had been doing this for days but Arthit still wouldn't come out.

"Go away! I told you I don't want to see you!"

"You don't have to see me. But you have to eat, okay? I brought food for you."

Arthit who was annoyed as the junior didn't stop persuading him while knocking on the door, became even more annoyed when the baby also wouldn't stop kicking his stomach hard.