Chapter 2: Dinner

Katia rushes downstairs. Eager to get Pizza.

"Can't wait, get my mouth, Triple Pepperoni." She said to herself out loud.

Suddenly, a foot halted her in her tracks. "Whoa, whoa! Wait a minute."

She looks up to see Tom. Still in his cop uniform.

"Oh, Donut Lord. What a suprise." Was all Katia could say before awkwardly asking, "What you doing here?"

"The same thing your parents had found out about."

He shows her a newspaper headline that says "City Block in Seattle Washington DC destroyed". Katia sighed with remembering her Scolding she got the night her Parents found out about her secret.

"I guess your here to arrest me, then?"

"No I'm not." Said Tom softly, "I just want to talk. You know, we're happy your trying to put your power to good use, but you're being a bit wreckless. Not so much lying and sneaking out. But pretending to be Batman..."

"I don't mean to be cocky," Spoke Katia while posing with her right fore paw in a victory clench, "But I go by the Emerald Streak. Trade Mark Pending."

"Yeah, catchy. But your parents just want you out of trouble. Remember, your still just a kid. With a lot of growing up to do. Trust me, there will come a moment when your powers will be needed and it'll be your moment to be the little hero. But you don't choose that moment, that moment chooses you."

Katia's eyes were wide open with wonder as she heard Tom's speech.

"Wowie, that sounded cool. And I'll try my best to stay out of trouble."

She turns round to see Roger Radcliffe, the owner of their boarding home, paying the Pizza Boy.

"Sorry, I really have a few slices of Triple Pepperoni Pizza with my name and silva on them."

"No troubles. Do what you must, Emerald Streak." Smiled Tom.

"Thanks, Donut Lord." Grinned Katia before rushing to the Dining Room and Kitchen.
____________________________________

Most of the other animal families and that had their own mini tables for their pizzas. Katia looked over everyone to see her pizza while the others chatted between each mouth full.

"That's it all paid for," Said Roger. Sitting down beside his wife, Anita, and two kids, Jennifer who was eleven and Roger Junior who was three and a half. "Good job, we still had $360.20."

"For Pizza!?" Asked Duchess.

"Thirty Pizzas times Twelve bucks."

"Tramp," Said Lady, "you could have helped Roger with paying."

"They're traveller checks, Piege." Replied Tramp.

"Relax, Lady." Assured Anita, "We still have cash."

Katia finally got to where Léa was sitting.
Little did she know Léa was actually stuffing herself with the Triple Pepperoni.

"Mama, did Anita remember to order a Large Triple Pepperoni?" Asked Katia.

"Yeah, we did." Replied Léa with a smug smile on her face, "But if you want it, I guess I have to vomit it back up. Cos it's all gone."

"Oh..." Said all the young puppies and kittens at the table.

"Léa! You knew that I was to have four slices!"

Léa responded with a insulting comment and slapped her youngest sister across the face, "Yeah, yeah. But they were just too good. Much too good for a low life like you." The young ones at the table just sniggered at Katia's humiliation.

Katia rubbed her cheek. When hearing the sniggering of the others, she growled quietly which turned to a groan of annoyance. She reopens her eyes and within a second, the purple irises in her eyes flared up with bright emerald green lightning energy.

She growled before lunging towards Léa. With a Roar sounding like a cross between a normal kitten and a lion. And swiping her claws with the same green streaks that she has when she runs.

She managed to launch Léa across towards one of the counters. Spilling some drinks onto some of The human family's passports and tickets.

"Katia!" Shouted Duchess, "What are y-"
Being distracted by Katia, Duchess ends up spilling milk onto Oliver.
"AHH, Mrs. Duchess!!!"

"Oh! I'm sorry, Oliver" Said a Shocked Duchess

"Quick, Berlioz! The Passports!"

Toulouse and Berlioz scrambled from their seats to to help, Roger and Anita save their passports but spills Rita's water on to her feet.

"Watch It!" She yelled. Not noticing Dorothy behind her.
Poor Dorothy was then stood on cos she was that small, no one saw her.

Roger and Anita manage to save their passports slightly. So, Roger decided to put them to dry off.

Delilah and Oddball manage to get a soft crying Dorothy from the ground and to comfort her the best they could.

Duchess got in-between her fighting daughters and looked directly at Katia.

"What Is The Matter With You?!" She Scolded.

"She Started It," Katia snapped, "She Ate My Pizza,What Was I Supposed To Do!? I Had No Pizza, I Had Nothing!"

Collette shook herself off from some of the water that spilled near her. She eyed Katia in anger and yelled, "Look What You've Done, You Cheetah-Like Jerk!!!"

Katia turns and replied, "Urgh, What Now?"

"You Know Very Well, What, Young Kitten!?" Scolded O'Malley.

"Katia, get upstairs, Now."

Katia looks at her mother, "Wait, What?"
____________________________________

Next thing Katia knew, was she was being carried by the Scruff of her neck by Duchess.

"I Cannot Believe You Ruined Dinner and Caused a Massive Scene Infront of Our Guests!" Duchess said furiously. With her voice muffled from holding Katia in her teeth.

"You know it was Léa who started it!" Retorted Katia.

"I don't care who started it, but you know everyone is pretty upset about this. Now upstairs!" She pointed to the Attic Stairs.

"The Third Floor! Come on!"

"You know your rooms being used for most of Doug and Delilah's children." Said Duchess Sternly, "Be respectful."

"I have been trying to be respectful and you know that." Katia replied.
She had reached the landing of the steps, the door on her left led to the stairs going to the attic.

"Just Stay Up There! I Don't Want To See You Again For The Rest of The Night!"

Katia grabbed the door and yelled, "Well, I Don't Plan To!" Before slamming the door behind her.
____________________________________

"We really need to sort that girl out." Said O'Malley. Who was sitting at the end of the bed while Duchess was half asleep and Muttered back, "I'm not in a any mood to have this conversation, Thomas."
____________________________________

Little did they know, was Katia was listening to everything they said while playing with her baseball and glove. "Don't worry, Babes. We'll deal with it in the morning."

"Fine by me. I don't know what's gotten into that Burden."

Katia's eyes strunk with shock and that word, "Burden", Echoed through her head like a siren.