Chapter 4: Traitor Of A Heart. Daily Life

The last class trial was just awful. It just made me sick. Two people died and then we found out who killed them, and I just didn't know anymore. I hated this. I just hated having to accuse our friends of murder. I was supposed to stay strong but I was crumbling from the inside, and I couldn't let anyone know. I wasn't sure what I was going to do today, but I somehow found myself wandering aimlessly past the gym. But that's when I heard a fierce arguement. No forget argument, I think this could count as a physical fight. I peeked my head in and what I saw was Kyoko fighting Monokuma. My first thought was, are you crazy?! Kyoko had seen what happened to Nekomaru, why was she fighting Monokuma? I tried to run in there to help her, but I was pulled back by Makoto? The luckster nodded. ¨It's too dangerous, I wanted to help too, but he doesn't seem to be hurting her.¨ That was one thing I noticed to that puzzled me, but then Kyoko said she refused to help the mastermind from here on out. Wait what?! And then Monokuma said something about hostages but all I could think was, Kyoko's the traitor? No! Not possible! Then I turned back to see Makoto shaking like a leaf. This would hurt him so much and I didn't know how to help. As I joined up with everyone else for breakfast, I tried not to look at Kyoko or Makoto. I was sure that she had a good reason for hiding this from us, Monokuma had said something about a hostage after all. However, I knew no one else would give her the benefit of the doubt, but a few people. This morning was as problematic as any other had been during this time. Angie was really mad at Hajime, as he had taken a large group and boycotted the nighttime rule, which I though was pretty cool myself. She wasn't all that happy with me, Shuichi, or Maki either, as we still did our nightly training despite her new regulations. Tenko and Taka still sat with the student council, though I could tell Tenko had a much harder time keeping her cover because of her emotive nature. The fourth floor was now open for investigation, and we all went to investigate. Though it was really just everyone but the student council, who left for a student council meeting. There were a couple exceptions though, Leon didn't seemed to be as brainwashed as the others and still investigated with Sayaka. The new rooms included the staff room, the chemestry lab, the Headmaster's Office and 4-A and 4-B. There was also on this floor My lab, Makoto's lab, Shuichi's lab, and Sakura's lab. After the investigation, Shuichi recruits Maki and I to help him break into the headmasterś office, It goes about as well as you might expect it too. Shuichi put his hand on the doorknob and the alarm started flashing. We ran down to the gym just to hear Monokuma announce that trying to open locked rooms is forbidden. ¨You made that rule up!¨ I shouted, but decided not to press my luck for today. I was so glad to see Nekomaru up and about again, but felt pretty awful when I learned he would be wheel-chair bound for the rest of his life. I saw that Akane felt personally responsible for this, but he told her not too worry about it. That's when Shuichi showed me a few strange photo's that I didn't remember taking, so they must have been of our missing memories. One was of Mondo, Chihiro and Leon. One was of Kazuichi, Gundam and Sonia. And the final photo had me, Kaede. Shuichi and Maki. I just wish that I could remember what happened though. I felt bad for Sakura, but she told me that Aoi wouldn't want her to be moping around and that she wanted to help everyone escape. Sakura also comforted Hajime when no one else could, and said she didn't blame him for what Chiaki did.

When I passed by the cafeteria, I saw Kirumi there cleaning things up. So I decided to go talk to her. ¨Would you like some help?¨ I asked and she seemed startled. ¨I am a maid...¨"She started. ¨You are a person,¨ I cut her off. ¨Maybe you are good at taking care of others, but you need to learn to take care of yourself too.¨ I helped Kirumi clean up the dining hall. I think Kirumi and I grew a little closer today. After that, Kirumi started telling me about her duties as the prime minister, which I found interesting and it helped me learn more about her.

After finishing up, I noticed Rantaro trying in vain to get a board off the windows, and I figured he was getting stir crazy. ¨Tired of being stuck in here?¨ I asked and he nodded. Then he asked me if we could hang out and I agreed. I knew he thought the student council was delusional wanting to live here forever. I spent time plotting out escape plans with Rantaro. I think Rantaro and I grew a little closer today. Where was the the most incredible place you've traveled?¨ I asked and Rantaro pondered the question. ¨I'm not sure,¨ he replied finally. ¨I've been to some pretty interesting places, but i'm only a teenager. However, I hope that I will be able to climb mount everest someday.¨ ¨Really?¨ I asked and the green haired guy nodded.