Chapter 10: Truth Is Not Always Black And White. Daily Life

I was at this point completely done with this whole thing. I hated this situation, hated losing my friends over and over again, but I was also terrified I was slowly losing my strength to change anything. Yesterday though, we lost two friends, and the execution that followed afterwards I would never be able to unsee, or think about without throwing up. After spending about 5 minutes beating up my pillows, I walked into the dining hall and was not chewed out for being late, which immidietely put my alarm bells up. When I turned to look at Taka, he seemed completely catatonic with Chihiro crying and trying to comfort him. Makoto was trying to comfort Leon, and like Chihiro, was kind of failing. I felt like I had walked into a funeral, but to be honest, that was basically our lives now. I sat with my friends, and saw Taka wasn't eating. Then I realized why and pushed my own food away. Angie and Hajime were arguing as usuall, but they turned around when they saw everyone else had stopped eating. I did my best not to look at my food, and then Kirumi and Terruterru left to make food that wouldn't make me throw up. I'm not telling you why, you probably know. Before I could think about anything though, I was dragged away by Kazuichi to his lab. "Are you and Maki together yet?" He asked. I just looked at him flabberghasted. "Have you been spying on me?" The mechanic just grinned at that, and I really didn't know how to react. "Well, after I got my two best friends together, I started to just start planning how to get couples together." He then hung his head. "I figured people could use some happiness considering what we're going through." It suprised me, as I had never seen Kazuichi so serious before. However, he quickly covered it up with his usual joking grin. Right now, I'm trying to get Mikan and Hajime, and Nekomaru and Akane together, and I was wondering if you could help. I didn't really know what else to do, and begrudgingly decided to help, but quickly regretted it when the mechanic dragged me off when I figured Mikan and Hajime really just needed some alone time right now. However, as I was enjoying spending time with Kazuichi I heard what sounded like Monokuma talking to Angie, and I pulled Kazuichi down beside me so we wouldn't be caught. "Are you sure you want to know about something like that?" "Atua wants me to lead everyone and protect them, I think that includes from a serial killer." Serial killer? Who were they even talking about?!" I continued to listen though as the toy bear continued. "Well you shouldn't worry, pu hu hu. We've got the situation under control with Izuru Kamarura. Now, I was just super confused and I could tell Kazuichi felt the same way. "Who do you think is Izuru Kamarura" I asked but he looked as bewildered about the situation as I did. "Who's Izuru Kamakura?" I asked Kazuichi again, but he didn't know anything about it either. I stopped pressing him about it after that. I had thought maybe the other student council numbers would know something about it, but I should have known Angie wouldn't share that info with anyone. The conversation did worry me though. Izuru Kamakurra was a serial killer?! You would think we would have the right to know about something like that. I wondered if that would be something important, but I think someone would tell us if there was a serial killer running around the school. Right? When Kazuichi and I left though, we bumped into Gundam and Sonia, it was nice to see them, but I was too worried about other things to focus on it. When I saw Kazuichi's face, I could tell he felt the same way as I did and Sonia and Gundam just looked kind of confused. Kazuichi went back to his friends and I could tell he was telling them what we had found.

As I was brooding a bit, I noticed Keebo sulking by himself in an empty class room. I did understand how he felt a bit, but I couldn't completely understand the way he kept getting bullied. It wasn't as bad now that Kokichi wasn't on his case, but it still seemed there were robophobes everywhere. I went to sit next to him and he turned his head up suprised. "Could we talk for a bit?" Keebo asked and I smiled a bit. "I mean that's why I came in here." I spent time talking with Keebo about random things. I think Keebo and I grew a little closer today. "So do you have any hobbies?" I asked and he nodded. "I've always been fond of race car driving, but no-one will give a robot a permit. I wasn't sure how I ended up discussing robot rights with Keebo, but it was pretty fun.