Chapter 18

Lee know and Naeun were being woken up a few hours later by a startled looking Hyunwon.

"What's going on?" Lee know croaked as he sat up on his couch, running his fingers through his wild hair.

Naeun blinked her eyes open, feeling like she was in a daze. What time was it?

"One of the trucks got into a wreck," Hyunwon told them.

"Wait. One of our trucks?" Lee know asked him, looking concerned.

"What truck?" Naeun asked, sitting up on her couch.

"One of the trucks carrying the stage equipment," Hyunwon told her.

"Oh my god. Is everyone okay?" Naeun asked, feeling a twinge of fear in her gut.

"Yes, everyone's okay. Nobody was hurt. But the truck is banged up and we have no idea what the condition of the stage is in," Hyunwon told them.

"So, what does that mean?" Lee know asked, staring up at Hyunwon.

"It means we're probably going to have to cancel the next show and assess the situation," Hyunwon told them.

"Oh, no," Naeun breathed, looking over at Lee know.

"Wow. Thanks for telling us," Lee know told him.

"Yeah. The rest of the members are in getting some breakfast. We're trying to come up with a plan," Hyunwon told them.

"Alright," Lee know said, nodding his head.

It wasn't long before Hyunwon ambled back off the bus, leaving Naeun and Lee know alone together. Naeun felt a bit awkward and didn't really know what to say.

"Terrible," Lee know mumbled under his breath, shaking his head.

"Hmm?" Naeun asked, looking up at him.

"I said that's terrible... the wreck," he repeated.

"Yeah, but at least nobody was hurt," Naeun reminded him.

"Right," Lee know nodded.

"I wonder if we're going to stay here for another night," Naeun asked aloud.

"I don't know," Lee know said, shrugging his shoulders.

"I'd love to see my parent's again," she told him.

"Maybe we can," Lee know told her. The 'we' in his sentence wasn't lost on Naeun as she cocked her eyebrow at him. We?

"Do you think Sejin and Hyunwon would go for that? Staying here another night? Hyunwon said they needed to assess the situation of the wreck..." Naeun said, trailing her words off.

"I don't think we're all needed for that. The next show is cancelled, Naeun. We're free for a little while," Lee know told her.

"Do you really think it would work?" She asked, feeling an excitement bubble up inside of her, thinking of her parents.

"I don't see why not," Lee know told her, grabbing his phone to check his messages.

It had been so long since she'd been home. She spent the last four years in Korea, rarely having the time or money to make it back to LA to visit. It was a big opportunity for her and she was more than a little happy that she had Lee know on board with the idea. His vote would go a long way in the decision-making process, she was sure of it.

Naeun stood up, letting the blanket fall away from her body as she stretched her arms up in the air. When she looked back at Lee know he was staring at her with a smirk on his face.