Chapter 26

It took Naeun longer than it probably should have to regain her composure after breaking down in the bathroom – long enough anyway to have to rush through her job before show time. She kept her head down and didn't talk to anyone. She didn't need anyone noticing her red puffy eyes. Just having Chan know was too much. She just wanted the next couple of nights to be done and over with so she could catch the first flight back to Korea and forget all about Lee know and the ups and downs she went through working on the tour. But she knew it wasn't going to be that easy. And she knew she still needed to sit down with Sejin and Hyunwoo to put in her resignation.

"Naeun" she heard Hyunwoo's voice from behind her. She knew by the tone in his voice he already knew what happened.

Naeun closed her eyes tightly, biting her lip to try and hold her tears back. She was way too emotional for her own good.

"Are you alright?" Hyunwoo asked as he walked up to her.

"I'm fine," she lied, her voice cracking with the words.

"You can talk to me, you know," he said in a soothing tone, which for some reason made her miss her dad so much.

"I... I just..." She said, shaking her head.

Hyunwoo didn't say anything. He just waited patiently for Naeun to speak again. When she looked up into his caring eyes, it took all she had not to cry.

"I need to talk to you and Sejin," she spoke finally.

"Well, he's... he's kind of busy right now with the crew guys. You could talk to me," he told her.

Naeun looked down at her hands and took a deep breath, letting it out hard.

"I can't come back... after the break. I-I... I won't be able to work for the team anymore," she told him, unable to look him in the eye.

"Are you sure, Naeun?" He asked and she could feel his questioning eyes on her.

"I am. And I'm so sorry. I know I am putting you in a terrible position. And I know this was exactly what you were trying to prevent by having me sign that contract. But I just can't... I can't come back," Naeun explained as tears pricked her eyes.

"I can't say that I'm not a little disappointed, love. But if you're not comfortable..." He said, but his voice trailed off.

"It's just not working out," Naeun said quietly as her tears blurred her vision. Hyunwoo nodded, but looked glum.

"I'm so sorry," Naeun told him again and she meant it in so many ways.

She was sorry for leaving them high and dry without an assistant. She was sorry for causing so much trouble while she was on tour. She was sorry for breaking the contract. But most of all, she was sorry for hurting Lee know in the end.

"I did care for Lee know. I do. I just... I can't do it anymore," she told him as she wiped the tears from her eyes.

"I understand," Hyunwoo told her.

"And I promise, I won't cause any more trouble. You don't have to worry about me talking to any... like, tabloids or anything. This experience has meant too much to me to do that," Naeun continued.

"I didn't think you would, love," Hyunwoo told her.

"I'm just really sorry. I guess that's really all I have left to say," Naeun said finally.

"I'm sorry too," Hyunwoo said.

Naeun nodded one last time before she took a deep breath and turned on her heels to leave the room and compose herself once again.