Chapter 29: Waking Up

"Pit!? Pit! Wake up! Pit?!"

"Pit! I know you can hear me! Wake up! Pit!"

What's going on? Why are you yelling my name? What happened? Why can't I see anything? Who's calling me?

"Pit! Get up you idiot! I know those weak ears of yours can hear still!"

Oh... It's Pittoo...

"PIT! GET UP LIKE THE MILLIONTH TIME!!"

"Ah! S-Stop slapping me!"

Dark Pit did what he commanded him to do and stopped,"Thank gods you're alive- I mean.... Oh... You're awake..."

Pit ignored what he said and sat up,"Yeah! I'm awake and ready to eat some floor ice cream!!"

"Pit! Stop moving!" He lightly push him down,"Y-You're still healing up from recovery! Relax!"

"Why?! But I want floor-" Then Pit realized that they weren't in the forest anymore,".....Uh.... W-Where are we at?"

Dark Pit sighed and sat on a nearby chair,"Now you just notice? How pathetic... But we are back at Smash Mansion... I-In the medical room..."

"WE MADE IT?!? I THOUGHT I DIED AND WAS IN-"

"Shut up Pit! People will hear you." Dark Pit tried his best not to yell and Pit nodded his head.

"Fine then..." He rubbed his head,"But what happened?"

Dark Pit shot a glare at him,"Do you not remember? Wow, that's... Anyway, remember the big bear thing and you got knocked out... S-Stuff happened.."

"...Great explanation Pittoo..." Pit said quietly,"But still... Why am I here?"

"Pit... You are recovering..." He told him,"You got injured really badly and you were in a coma for... 4 months?... Yeah, in a-"

"WAIT! WHAT?!"

"Shhhhhhh! With you talking that loud, you'll wake up the entire mansion!" Dark Pit yelled and realized what he did. He took a few deep breaths and calmed himself down.

"I was what?!" Pit whispered loudly, demanding an answer, Dark Pit closed his eyes and shook his head,"You were in a coma, for 4 months... And Master Hand thought we should of buried you, thinking that you were dead. But I convinced him not to... Because...."

Pit raised an eyebrow,"Because?..."

Dark Pit sighed and covered his face,"Because I actually care about you, even though I act like I don't..."

Pit gasped and pointed at him,"AHA! I KNEW YOU WOULD SAY THAT SOMEDAY! AHAHAHAHA-"

"PIT! SHUT UP!" Dark Pit yelled onto the top of his lungs and stood up, Pit immediately stopped laughing and remained quiet.

"Look... It's great to see that you're awake, ok?" Dark Pit told him,"And that's great news... But that's not the only great news that just came in today."

"A-Are we going to be on the news channel!?" Pit desperately asked,"If we are, then we can tell them about that one time you-"

"We do not speak of that Pit!" Dark Pit's face became a light shade of pink,"That was just plain out stupid and embarrassing as heck!"

Pit started laughing,"That was amazing though! We just saw you all-"

Dark Pit his finger on his own lips and loudly said,"Shhhhhhh! Stop it and listen to what I have to say!"

"Geez fine Pittoo..." Pit scoffed and crossed his arms, Dark Pit sighed,"Ok, so now that you are back, I need to-"

He didn't finish his sentence because they both heard the door creak open, they both quickly turned their attention to the door and saw nobody walk out.

"P-Pittoo..." Pit stuttered,"I-I think this place is h-haunted..."

Dark Pit looked at him and chuckled,"Oh please Pit, this place isn't-"

"Good evening Pit and-"

"AHHHHHHH!" Dark Pit jumped over the bed Pit was laying on and hid behind the chair, Pit started laughing and said,"Newsflash! The angel that claims himself to be the biggest and baddest, gets scared half to death by hearing a voice greet him!"

Pittoo stood up, shaking a bit, and was becoming a bit flustered,"S-Shut up Pit..."

"....Good evening?...Pit and Dark Pit." Dr. Mario told them,"It seems like you need to take some chill pills Pittoo, would you like me to sign you up for a subscription?"

"N-No!" Dark Pit declined,"I don't need some dumb pill to make me feel better! I can do it myself!"

Dr. Mario sighed and started writing on his clipboard,"I'll just put you on the 'not fully decided yet' side..."

Dark Pit face-palmed and Pit looked at him and sniggered. Then Dr. Mario cleared his throat,"Alrighty, so Pit, looks like your finally awake after 8 months..."

"D-Dr. Mario! D-Don't say-"

"WAIT! 8 MONTHS?!!?" Pit shot a glare at his twin,"And you told me it was 4 months! Why would you lie to me Pittoo!?"

Dark Pit backed away from the bed with his hands up,"H-Hey! It's a skill that I mastered a long time ago! I'm not going to break it apart!"

"Anyway!" Dr. Mario interrupted their conservation,"Glad to have you back Pit, are you feeling drowsy or anything?"

"N-No...." Pit mumbled and Dr. Mario wrote on his clipboard again,"Do you feel like there's anything broken?"

"No..." Pit told him in a louder voice, the doctor nodded his head,"Are you really feeling anything?"

"Not really..." Pit responded in a low voice again, Dr. Mario finished what he was doing on the notepad and stood up,"Ok Pit, it looks like everything is checking in as good. You'll just have to lay in bed for a few days before you get back to fighting."

"Do you have any floor ice cream?" Pit asked out of nowhere and the doctor shook his head,"You can't eat any sweets for a week alright?"

Pit sighed heavily,"Fine..."

"Anyway, I hope you have a safe recovery." Dr. Mario stood by the door,"Just remember to rest up, drink a lot of water and overall, just relax." Then he left the room.

Pit nodded his head and laid back down on the bed with the pillow covering his face, Dark Pit crossed his arms and lean against the wall,"Honestly when you said 'Newsflash' and gave the details... You actually might be good news reporter..."

"Yeah, so?" Pit talked through the pillow,"I might be, I might not, you never know..."

"Pit..." Dark Pit walked up to him and threw the pillow across the room,"As I was saying earlier..."

Pit raised an eyebrow, Dark Pit actually smiled and said,"We found (Name), she's back..."