Chapter Nine - Exploring Together

Link made his way down to the cooking pot and tossed some ingredients into it. After some time, he fixed it up and put it on a plate. He walked over to the general store, and put the plate in the ice. He started making another one, and just as he took it off, he heard footfalls approaching. He looked up to see Zelda in her adventure suit, but a little changed up. She had tied her hair into a neat ponytail, and her bangs pinned with little blue clasps. 

      Link asked, "Hot or cold?" And held the two plates of crepes out to her. 

      Zelda took the warm one, muttering a thank you. They sat down at a table and ate together. After a couple minutes of silence, Zelda asked, "where were you last night?"

      Link looked up, "oh, I just...couldn't sleep," he said, surprised. "I didn't think you'd notice I was gone," he added, taking a bite of his cold, chilled crepe.

      Zelda nodded. "Well, I came to check on you, because...well, I came to see what you were doing. I heard you shuffling around, and I woke up. You weren't there, so I was just...wondering." 

      Link looked at her for a moment before replying with "I was just exploring the area. Gathering supplies, since I hadn't in a while," and took another bite. 

      With a look of understanding, she got up and dumped her plate into the sink. "Can you wash that? I forgot to do something." Link nodded and took a final gulp of whipped cream. As Link washed the dishes, he heard soft footsteps again, and looked behind him. 

      Zelda stood with a pair of scissors and a shy look. "Can you...cut my hair...?" She said, blushing. 

      Link widened his eyes. "You want me to cut it? Not a professional?" 

      "Well, we already left the cities with a professional, and I want a cut before we get to the Gerudo region. And...you said you cut it yourself, right? You have...enough...experience." She then lowered her arm. "Unless you don't want to," she added, looking down. 

      "No, no, I can do it, I'm just surprised. Of course, Zelda," Anything for you...Link shook his head and continued to scrub at the glass.

- time skip - 

Link settled Zelda into a chair and covered her shoulders with a towel. "How short do you want it?" 

      "Um...neck length? And layered, please." She said quietly.

      "Alright, will do." Link began to cut her hair, taking his time. He gently brushed it, making sure not to hurt her. He snipped, layered, and washed her hair. 

      "Better?" He asked, as he finished drying it. 

      She nodded. "Thanks, Link. I really like it." [lol you know how it looks]

      Link proceeded to clean up, and said, "so...what are we going to do about the Sheikah Slate? I don't think it's safe to use right now."

      She pondered this for a moment, but then said, "Let's see what's in store for us at Goron Village. Then we can see if we can make it to Akkala, and see if Robbie can fix it. As much as I'd like to visit Purah again...I think Robbie can help us more easily."

      Link nodded. "Yeah, that makes sense."

Oml another short chapter I'm so sorry D: Writer's block at the most inconvenient times. Like, as soon as I promise to write every two weeks, I get writer's block. Wow.